• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Passport photo upload question

jmclester

Disney Deddy
Anyone having issues with passport upload? Mine has been rejected twice. Cruise leaves on Monday! Any tips on uploading? Lighter or darker background? It doesn't say why it was rejected. I'm about to make a phone call.

They can do it at the port if you never get it to go thru during online checkin. I just snapped a pic with my iPhone and it was accepted.

Thanks! Hope it doesn't affect my port arrival time. Stayed up til midnight a few weeks ago to get 11am!

I choose to actually scan ours on our printer and saved on my PC. Then emailed to myself to save on my iPad. I noticed too much glare, so scanning didn’t have glare. My passport scans have been accepted on two cruises now.

Dumb question- are you including both pages?

one of my coworkers only put the picture page and not both pages (picture & signature) once she did that it cleared

Dumb question- are you including both pages?

one of my coworkers only put the picture page and not both pages (picture & signature) once she did that it cleared

They just want the page with the photo and information, not the page with your signature and a bunch of blah blah text.

I called DCL and a very nice CM fixed the pictures for me by removing the border that the passport cards were laying on when the picture was taken. She said all was well and sent me a new port arrival form. She said the website would show us cleared for sailing but as of yet it does not. What happens if I get to the port and my online check-in isn't complete?

I called DCL and a very nice CM fixed the pictures for me by removing the border that the passport cards were laying on when the picture was taken. She said all was well and sent me a new port arrival form. She said the website would show us cleared for sailing but as of yet it does not. What happens if I get to the port and my online check-in isn't complete?

If you got to the point where you can print an arrival form, you're OK. They can rescan your passport at the terminal if they need to. They can take a new photo of you, too.

Some folks in another thread were saying that their photos weren't approved until 1-2 days before departure. I have a cruise on 9/20 and the photos that I uploaded almost two weeks ago haven't been approved, either. Patience, I guess!

Everything was approved, even our headshot photos, except for the passport photo upload three days ago. I keep getting a "Caution: the photos do not meet the requirements........" message. This is even after the DCL CM logged into my account and "fixed" it. Port Arrival form is printed with our QR codes so I suppose that is the important thing. I'm guessing that the Navigator app won't acknowledge us until our online check-in is showing complete. Just one more stressor that I'd like to put to bed before leaving home tomorrow!

I will continue to try to resolve this and post how it all plays out at the port on Monday because I'm pretty sure we are not the only ones who will experience this.

It is now put to rest. It was my oversight. In the dropdown menu I had selected "PASSPORT". I have a passport card. The computer CM was recognizing the wrong format. So, once the selection was changed to "PASSPORT CARD" everything took like it was supposed to and I already have the clear to sail email from DCL. Now we just have the port Covid test to sweat! Hope my oversight will help someone on the boards! Thanks to all and pray for safe passage (literally!)!

If you got to the point where you can print an arrival form, you're OK. They can rescan your passport at the terminal if they need to. They can take a new photo of you, too.

Some folks in another thread were saying that their photos weren't approved until 1-2 days before departure. I have a cruise on 9/20 and the photos that I uploaded almost two weeks ago haven't been approved, either. Patience, I guess!

I just watched a YouTube video of a travel agent who had that exact problem. She couldn't get her or her husband's passport or headshot uploaded. They were able to handle that at the port and they both allowed to board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter