Party of 5. D. Fantasy/ 4 days... deluxe family stateroom or connected inside staterooms?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi
We are considering a 4 days Bahamas cruise in the Fantasy, and are trying to decide wherther to take one deluxe family verandah or two inside connected staterooms...

we are 4adults and 1 child...

Would the space in the deluxe with verandah enough?

what would you do?

thanks

I've done that room with 4....2 adults and 2 kids. I'd think 4 adults in one room may be a bit much. The split bathroom is nice but might be tough with 4 adults. Don't get me wrong....you can do it especially since you are rarely in the room but it doesn't seem like it'd be comfortable.

Agree with PP - 4 adults in one room is pushing it. What's the cost difference? In the past, whenever we compared, it typically cost 10-30% more for the 2 rooms, but you're getting 100% more space - the 2 rooms always won hands down. Also, we didn't like that the 5th bed in the family room prevented us from accessing the verandah early in the morning.

Agree with PP - 4 adults in one room is pushing it. What's the cost difference? In the past, whenever we compared, it typically cost 10-30% more for the 2 rooms, but you're getting 100% more space - the 2 rooms always won hands down. Also, we didn't like that the 5th bed in the family room prevented us from accessing the verandah early in the morning.
I was thinking on the nice view with rhe verandah but you got a point about the 5th bed..thanks

Four adults in one room is very tight. If you’d like the verandah, consider a verandah and an inside across the hall. Our group did this for an Alaska sailing and it was cheaper than two oceanview rooms.
We have found that a 7A (navigators verandah) and the inside across the hall are almost always less expensive or at least the same as one of the large verandah staterooms that sleeps 5.

Edit: however people end up actually sleeping, make sure you reserve 2 adults in the Verandah and 2 adults plus the child in the inside room. The first 4 guests pay the adult fare regardless and the child fare for the inside will be less than the verandah. People in your party can move rooms when they are actually on the ship.

Are the four adults your kids, but just grown? If you are used to all living together, you might be able to make it work. Have you thought about one verandah and an inside across/down the hall? Also, sometimes, depending on the sailing, two verandahs connecting are not that much more than two insides. Also, give thought to who will get the bunk if you go with the one room.

We are a family of 4 and always get two connecting verandahs. We like the space, but my DH also likes hanging out in the room, while many people only use their room for changing and sleeping. Your way of cruising may make your decision for you.

My choice would depend on who the four adults are. Example are they my 18 and 20-year-old children :hippie:or are they my in-laws:oops::scared::sad:

We are a family of five - all “DCL adults” now even though we still tend to think of ourselves as 2A and 3K. We have sailed many times in a 4A verandah and haven’t had any concerns about space. We really like having the balcony to sit out on. One tip from a friend that we followed to get around the issue of having only one shower was for the 2 boys and me to use the showers in the fitness center if, for example, we all wanted to have a shower after coming back from a beach excursion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter