Party of 5 at Sci Fi Dine In

Pyxie

DIS Veteran
How would a party of 5 typically be sat at Sci Fi? I know the cars have rows of 3 and sit 2 in each row. Does that mean likely 1 person in our party would be sitting alone? Or would we more likely be sat at one of the picnic tables instead of a car? Honestly I'm not sure either option is ideal, but I'm trying to decide if we want to try for a reservation in September. I've always wanted to go and I think my kids would like it, but I don't think we'd care for being a a table and not getting the full experience. On the other hand, I'm not sure anyone in our party would care to be the "5th wheel" lol.

How would a party of 5 typically be sat at Sci Fi? I know the cars have rows of 3 and sit 2 in each row. Does that mean likely 1 person in our party would be sitting alone? Or would we more likely be sat at one of the picnic tables instead of a car? Honestly I'm not sure either option is ideal, but I'm trying to decide if we want to try for a reservation in September. I've always wanted to go and I think my kids would like it, but I don't think we'd care for being a a table and not getting the full experience. On the other hand, I'm not sure anyone in our party would care to be the "5th wheel" lol.
Having researched this for my family of 5's upcoming trip, you get a car and someone gets a solo seat.

My girls are eight and don't mind smushing, so I'm hoping they sit together and then I can sit with Hubby. If not, I'm assuming I'm odd man out, someone sits with Daddy, and the other two sit together.

Having researched this for my family of 5's upcoming trip, you get a car and someone gets a solo seat.

My girls are eight and don't mind smushing, so I'm hoping they sit together and then I can sit with Hubby. If not, I'm assuming I'm odd man out, someone sits with Daddy, and the other two sit together.

Ok good to know. My daughter is small and could probably squish in between me and my husband if needed. The 5th person is my brother so he honestly may not care all that much about sitting alone, but I never know.

In my previous experience when you make a reservation of 5 you'll be assigned the whole car, 2 per seat. The seats are not really all that long so unless your kids are small I would recommend only 2 per seat with someone riding in the trunk solo. There are cars that seat six that have a front and a back with a table in the middle so your all facing each other but I don't know if that's something that you can request or it's just the luck of the draw.

As the dad, I've been the "5th wheel" on a couple of occasions, and I have to say that sitting in the back seat by myself in the air-conditioned comfort, sipping a beer with my lunch, enjoying the show, and seeing my kids having fun up front is not the worst thing I have ever experienced. Also, it is perfectly possible for 3 smallish people to sit in one row, as my daughter and her two friends (all aged 16) did on our last trip. Three eight-year olds in the front row with mom and dad in the next row should be no problem at all.

As the dad, I've been the "5th wheel" on a couple of occasions, and I have to say that sitting in the back seat by myself in the air-conditioned comfort, sipping a beer with my lunch, enjoying the show, and seeing my kids having fun up front is not the worst thing I have ever experienced. Also, it is perfectly possible for 3 smallish people to sit in one row, as my daughter and her two friends (all aged 16) did on our last trip. Three eight-year olds in the front row with mom and dad in the next row should be no problem at all.
If 16 year olds can do it, my kids will be fine!

They will also likely be sharing meals (very similar palates and small stomachs), so having them together makes that much easier.

There are cars that have regular tables (six chairs in them). In April we had one as a party of 5. At first I thought it might be a bummer to not be facing the screen, but it was nice to see/hear everyone and it didn't take much effort to also enjoy the film snippets.

1655923830881.png

We are a family of 5 and typically have been seated in the cars with 3 rows. The last time we visited we were seated at one of the "picnic table" cars in the 2nd row where we faced each other vs facing the screen.

Good info as we will be a party of 5 visiting in July. I don't know who will agree to being the odd man out. Maybe we let the odd man out sit in the front of the car rather than the trunk as an incentive.

We have done 3 in a row before (when my son was 3). Or they put you in a 3 row car and one person sits alone. Now that my son is older (we are a family of 3) they give us 2 rows and one of us has to sit alone (me haha!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter