Party of 16 at Beaches & Cream?

a few things..YES it is Disappointing, But OP they have every right to eat there and B&C has every right to seat them, .You did not use those words but go back and read your original post." AM I off base thinking that seating a party that large is just wrong"...What were the options? splitting them all up and telling them they all have to eat at different times??? Would you want to do that if you were with your family? I know I wouldn't.B&C often generates LONG waits, it is a very small place that has gained in popularity.Disney needs to consider making it larger

Sorry you ended up coming in after them. B&C is very small, does not take reservations, and won't turn away a party of 16 if they can seat them, it is not in Disney's business plan to tell people "no" if they can accommodate them and there is no rule that says you must have a maximum number in your party to eat there (I assume if the party exceeds the restaurant's capacity that would be it, otherwise none). So no, I don't think it's "wrong" for them to seat larger parties. They got there first.

the OP is frustrated that they didn't get their kitchen sink for reasons beyond their control, there is no reason to attack them.

That's too bad. :( I would have been disappointed that we wouldn't be eating there, but I wouldn't wait that long to be seated. What did you end up doing OP?

sorry you ended up coming in after them. B&c is very small, does not take reservations, and won't turn away a party of 16 if they can seat them, it is not in disney's business plan to tell people "no" if they can accommodate them and there is no rule that says you must have a maximum number in your party to eat there (i assume if the party exceeds the restaurant's capacity that would be it, otherwise none). So no, i don't think it's "wrong" for them to seat larger parties. They got there first.

The op is frustrated that they didn't get their kitchen sink for reasons beyond their control, there is no reason to attack them.

thank you.

I am surprised that so many people are so quick to be nasty.
I hope you are all much nicer while at the parks.

Precisely what is nasty about disagreeing with what the OP first posted?

He said that seating a large party was wrong. Some posters disagreed with this. He asked if he was off base with his complaint. Some posters agreed that he was. How does this constitute nastiness?

Its a DISCUSSION board. Ask a question (or two) and you will get replies. And occasionally they may not be the ones you want to hear.

Whats the difference if there is one party of 16 or four parties of 4??

Seriously, think about it for a sec..there is absolutely no difference, a wait time is a wait time

Unless all four parties of 4 are seated at the same time, it's likely that one party would leave before the others are done, thus opening up a 4 top. Chances are, the wait wouldn't be as long if it were four parties of 4 than 1 party of 16 because the party of 16 will leave all at once...

In any event, while it may be annoying, others are right in that there is nothing that can be done about it. I'd imagine the party of 16 had to wait quite a while too for those tables to open up.

The OP specifically asked "Am i off base in thinking that seating a part that large is just wrong? no one else could get in because they took up half of the place." - and several of us answered "YES - you are off base." - Didn't see anything nasty here - just disagreeing opinions..which is what happens on a "DIScussion board".

The OP specifically asked "Am i off base in thinking that seating a part that large is just wrong? no one else could get in because they took up half of the place." - and several of us answered "YES - you are off base." - Didn't see anything nasty here - just disagreeing opinions..which is what happens on a "DIScussion board".

Agree....No one was nasty, it just isn't what the Op probably wanted to hear..Happens on a public discussion forum

Referring to him as "entitled" isn't the nicest thing to say. He's frustrated and taking it out on the party of 16 but it's not their fault either. No point in arguing about it.

If the thread is going to be an argument about who's being nasty, it should be closed because it's not helping anyone plan anything.

We went to Beaches And Cream for a forum meetup last year and had to wait 20-30 mins for tables. Well worth it though! Me, my mum, my dad and my uncle tried The Kitchen Sink and did pretty well!

RMulieri said:
Agree....No one was nasty, it just isn't what the Op probably wanted to hear..Happens on a public discussion forum

Nasty? Depends on your definition I suppose.

I took some posts as quite snarky and unhelpful though...

Boy do I wish you had gotten there before the party of 16.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter