• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parties of 6 or more...Rainforest Cafe

DonnaDuck

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Today, I called Disney Dining to make our November PS for Rainforest Cafe @ AK. We are 4 adults, an infant and a 4 year old.

The CM told me that since we were a party of 6 that they only had tables for 4. I asked could we sit at tables near eachother, she said she didn't know. She told me that I could ask them at the podium.

She also said that a 17% gratuity was added for parties of 6 or more... So my questions...

Is it diffucult to get to sit near eachother when you have more than 4 in your party? If it is a lot of hassle, I will just eat somewhere else.

We are using the VKL vouchers to pay. I think they include 15% gratuity, how will the other 2% thing work...will I be billed?

Thanks you!

You tell that CM that a fellow Diser went to RFC at AK in May with three other adults and four children and they had NO problem seating us together. We had a big round table and were seated right away during lunch with our PS.
Also, as far as the VKL voucher, I used one of those too and was not charged anything outside of the voucher. I did leave a few extra dollars for a tip however.

We've been a party of 6 on our last 2 trips and have never had a problem getting seated together anywhere, including Rainforest Cafe. That is strange that they told you that...I think I remember seeing quite a few large parties. :confused: I have never heard of a reastaurant only having tables for 4! Even if that were true, certainlly they could push two tables together.

for putting me at ease!!

I was so worried that we would get there and have to wait and wait and wait only to be told that we couldn't sit together. That wouldn't be good!

I don't know why that CM told me that. I also had never heard of anything like that.

Anyway, thanks so much. We will be eating there in 3 weeks. I am sure we will have a blast! :)

We used and adult and a childs VKL at the AKL rainforest and I am still shocked at the outcome. They literally let us have anything we wanted with the child's VKL including the adult menu. Imagine paying something like $12 for the VKL or whatever it was and getting a steak/ribs combo with one of those $8 slushees and hot tea and dessert and an appetizer. LOL>

Prime Time 50's is the same way. The CM said that we would need 2 tables for 4, for our party of 8. All of the larger tables were already reserved. It may be the same thing at RFC, since your going so soon.

Lori

I just called last nite and made PS for November 28th for 6 people and wasn't told we couldn't sit together? I was offered two tables for a later time, though. I thought how great it would be to send my 4 children who are 4 and under off to eat by themselves :hyper: ! Then I snapped out of it and took the ressie for the table that actually sat 6 people :p !

We had a party of six - all adults - a few years back when we were at WDW prior to our Disney Magic cruise and had no issues (this was at lunch). We did not make PS ahead of time. This is curious......:confused:

hi :wave:

we have just returned from our trip and we ate at the rain forest::yes:: we had a party of ten people and we were seated at one of the long tables along the back wall::yes:: we didn't even have a ps we just walked up and only waited ten minutes, hope this helps::yes::

eve::MinnieMo

I called today to make a ressie for 9 on 12/19 and was told I had to call the restaurant directly so that we could be assured of sitting together. I thought that a bit odd, but I did as told, and Jeanie, the CM was very helpful. I even asked about VKL vouchers for a late lunch...5 PM or 6 PM and she said that would be absolutely no problem since their menu was the same for lunch/dinner. It made me feel much better about the vouchers since I talked with someone directly at the restaurant. So, I don't know if they get a bonus for getting you to make another long distance call directly to the restaurant, but I did it for whatever it's worth.

We have never had a problem with larger parties on our trips, between 6-8 people shouldn't have a problem at all, at least we never have!!

Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter