parkside inn

scanmom

DIS Veteran
has anyone stayed at the parkside inn and suites? How is it. I know for the rates, it won't be much, but how bad/good is it. We had planned on getting 2 rooms at HoJo's, but this place is cheaper. Is it much different than HoJo's, or about equal? And how far is it to the parks? Is it walkable? Thanks!! :wizard:

Is this the one that goes for about $29-35/nt? Its all over the internet? DON'T STAY THERE!!!!!!! Read the reviews on www.tripadvisor.com and also I have some first hand info. A friend of mine tried to do a budget trip and got this for 29/nt in September. She said it was TERRIBLE. The room stunk, was moldy, dirty, icky....they spent 2 nights and left. They had to blow some of their food money on another motel and eat pb & J sandwiches.

that's good enough for me! HoJo's it is!!! Thanks for the help---I would not be a happy camper if I got there and found a total DUMP!!!!!!!! :guilty:

I have read that the Parkside in was nasty but recently was getting okay reviews. It is old and funky looking but they said the room was comfortable and clean. That being said it is not even near the quality of HoJo's.

WE stayed there our first night (came in late and just needed a place to stay until we transfered to the Grand Californian - big hotel contast!). At first the kids liked that they had their own room. Then we noticed that the TV's did not have knobs (broken) and there were not remote controls (2 tv's). The heater did not work at all. The room was very old - but seemed clean. Alot of broken stuff - mold around the tub, etc.. I thought well this is tolerable - until the roach ran across the top of the toilet - that did it for me. I learned my lesson about booking a cheap place. Other points - the restaurant next door was very pricey. You could walk from here, but it is a good long walk - not for really young children or grandparents. Would not be very convenient.

January 2nd of this year - so recently. We drove in from AZ and just wanted a place for the night till we moved to our "real" hotel. This was cheap so I picked it online. I did get what I paid for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter