Parking Questions

mAlien13

Down with Disney
I know that I have read info on parking before, but I can't find the threads.

When we go to DLR in December, we are staying too far away to walk to the parks. Last time we were at CCI and either walked or used the shuttle. So, I am unexperienced with the parking situation. Here are the questions I have so far.
1. Do you get to choose which lot you park in?
2. Which lot is the easiest to use?
3. How long is the tram ride?
4. Is it actually quicker to walk from the parking lots than to ride the trams?
5. Does anyone know what the current parking prices are?

Thanks so much, everyone. Where would I be without these boards??? :goodvibes

My DH does the driving and I'm usually so excited that I'm not paying a whole lot of attention, but I'll share what I do remember...

We usually park in the main parking lot. They direct us where to go to a certain extent, but we've always picked the actual spot in which to park. Then we walk to the tram pick up place. I think it's too far to walk - not sure how one would do that, anyway. The tram ride is fine, though - not too long.

I thought we paid $10.00 for the day, but I saw a recent posting about parking prices and I think it said 7 or 8 for cars and 10.00 for big vehicles. We were in a mini-van, so I think we'd get charged the lower fee.

We always use the parking there - I like having my car near by and don't mind the tram at all.

The current parking price is $11.

there are 3 choices to park... 3 places actually 1) Mickey's and Friends ( there is also a side lot as well) 2) DCA parking lot, (Timon lot i think) and 3) the free parking lot off Disney Way...

We drove everyday we were there, and we got there about the time the parking garage open everyday, we found thqat the timon lot was easyiest to get to , I believe its right off Harbor. If you get there really early, they direct you right to your spot, we always got right up front. It was super.

timon is off disneyland way and habor that is the easiest once its for they will direct u to mickey and friends structure off of ball and disneyland dr. parking is 11.00 if u want to walk u can from timon pretty far from structure wouldn't recomend it but people do it. trams less the 5 min

Thanks, all!! :cool1:

We are early risers, so we will try to get to the Timon lot before it fills. Does anyone know how much earlier than the parks the parking lots open? We would like to arrive at the time the lot opens. Also, is the parking voucher the same as it is in WDW so that you can leave during the day and return without being charged again?

Another quick question about walking distance: when I look at the maps we have, the Timon Lot looks closer to the park entrance than the CCI. Is that an illusion? Thanks so much for all the help!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter