• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Parking Questions about SW and Aquatica

MomtothreeEs

I spend way too much time searching for ADRs...
We are going to Discovery Cove in April. I know that parking is free there at DC. However, we plan to go to Aquatica for 1 day and Sea World for 2 days prior to our DC reservations. I'm almost certain that parking at SW and Aquatica is not included in our regular "day resort package".

1. Is there a way to get discounted parking passes?
2. Are the prepaid prices listed on the website cheaper than when we arrive? ($28.17 preferred, $18.77 standard for SW and $13.14 for Aquatica) Any other benefit to purchasing ahead of time?
3. Is the preferred parking at SW worth the extra cost?
4. Are there shuttles from the regular parking lot to the entrance? My kids kind of prefer to use the trams at our local zoo. Lol
5. Any other parking tips?

My hotel offers a free shuttle 2x in the morning and 2x at night, but with my 5 year old, I need more flexibility. I would have stayed at one of the SW preferred hotels, but by the time I went to book, the vacation packages with larger suites were all booked. :(

Thanks for any help!

1. With your DC ticket package, you can get a parking pass for the other 2 parks. General parking, not preferred. Call and have it added to your DC account. You can pick it up at DC before you go there, if doing SW or Aquadica before DC. I think it's around $25 or 30 dollars, but since I am a pass member, haven't needed the parking pass for several years now.
2. I would think the website would be the same as when parking, just it's nice to be able to pay before hand so not having to get your wallet out when in line is nice.
3. Preferred worth is up to you. The preferred parking is closer. Again, since we are platinum passholders, we get preferred parking as part of our membership, so I really like being close. I am not sure I would pay for it. Like if I parked at the Magic Kingdom, I doubt I would pay for preferred. Worth is subjective and YMMV.
4. No shuttles. The walk in Aquadica is not that bad, some of the far parking at SW can be, but not that far. If little one cannot walk far, even though at 5, I'd get a stroller. Carrying a 5 year old can be not fun.
5. Tips - like anything early is better. Also, take a picture or write down the row number you are parked at, and note how many trees or lights you are back from the lane. At the end of a tired day, finding your car may be harder than you think, and it's usually dark.

Have a great time! We love DC, and just spent this past Christmas doing DC, Aquadica, SW, and Busch Gardens Tampa. A repeat of several years done years before.

Thank you Lynne G! I really appreciate your help. I will call and try to get the parking added. And thanks for all the other tips. :)

You can also upgrade your package to the Ultimate package for $25 - this also gives you unlimited access to Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay in addition to SeaWorld and Aquatica in Orlando as well as free parking at all three parks.

From Discovery Cove: "This upgrade also includes complimentary transportation to Busch Gardens. For more information, please contact The Busch Gardens Shuttle Express at 1-800-221-1339 at least 24 hours in advance. Reservations are not required for this service, but are recommended."

If you actually want to go to Busch Gardens, you would have to upgrade everyone in your party; if you just want to take advantage of the free parking, I would imagine you would only need to upgrade one person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter