Parking lot ettiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindajo

<font color=teal>First you bit your nails and then
Is it Kosher to park your car at the Contemporary resort and walk into the MK? I was reading UG, and they suggested doing this with a PS at one of the restaurants, and taking advantage of this type of entry/exit into the MK. I was thinking the restaurant part was unnecessary, as long as I was a guest at one of the resorts and had my parking pass. I know everyone is protective of their "home" resort's privileges, but this seems harmless. It sure would be nice at closing time, but don't know if this ranks right up there with pool-hopping....:confused:

To get into the parking lot at CR, you need to have a PS. You'll also be given a 3 hour parking pass, if you don't remove your car by the time the pass exipres, Disney will tow your car. It's much easier to park at TTC and monorail it over to MK.

We had to drive around 30 minutes trying to find a parking space and later that night we watched from our balcony as the non-guests flooded out of the CR parking lot at park closing. :rolleyes: I didn't see anyone towed. I didn't even see those 3 hour parking permits on most of the cars.

Park there all day, for all I care. I will never stay there again.

They will allow you to valet park. I went out of my way to ask at the GF is we could park, have our character dinner, then go to the MK. They said as long as we valet parked we could do whatever we want. They use a different parking lot so you are not taking up the spaces for non-valet guests staying at the resort, so I don't see this as a problem. I would not just park in the regular lot however. This is much easier than the TTC. No trams, no long lines for the monorail, and a much more relaxed experience.

I just returned for POP and I had reservations at Chef Mickey the security guard just looked at the paper on the dash and said go ahead. We never got checked to see if we really had made reservations their and then never gave us a 3 hour parking pass. We asked the security guard if we could take the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom after we ate and he said not a problem. So I dont see any harm in doing that.

Originally posted by TnKrBeLlA012
So I dont see any harm in doing that.

Unless you're one of the people paying $300+/night to stay at the CR and can't find a place to park. :wave2:

Originally posted by Bojangles
Unless you're one of the people paying $300+/night to stay at the CR and can't find a place to park. :wave2:

I don't want to start an argument, I do see your point, but if security said I can do it, who am I going to listen to you guys..............or Disney?? ;)

who am I going to listen to you guys..............or Disney?? ;)

Us guys. :hyper: j/k...I probably would have listened to security and parked there too.

Actually, I blame Disney for not enforcing their policy, not the people parking there. They let the parking problem at the monorail resorts get way out of hand.

there are times they are very strict about the parking and other times they are not, probably somewhat based on park capacity at the time. But technically you are not allowed to park at the resorts without being a guest at that resort of having a legitimate reason and a pass to park there.

I don't want to start an argument, I do see your point, but if security said I can do it, who am I going to listen to you guys..............or Disney?? ;)

Did you tell security you were parking there, going to a park, and they let you in anyway.

If they did they violated resort policy and should be reported. Parking lots are not for accessing the parks, they are for the guest staying at the resort and someone there to dine or shop. There are signs at all resorts with access to the parks that states parking is not allowed for accessing the parks.

I do agree that Disney needs to be the one to intervene.

Originally posted by Sammie
Did you tell security you were parking there, going to a park, and they let you in anyway.

If they did they violated resort policy and should be reported. Parking lots are not for accessing the parks, they are for the guest staying at the resort and someone there to dine or shop. There are signs at all resorts with access to the parks that states parking is not allowed for accessing the parks.

I think they should be put in the same holding cell as the dastardly pool hoppers.

I did at one point park at the Polynesian to eat there and then go to the Magic Kingdom, but I now obey the three hour rule. Even though they probably do not check every car in the lot at the three hour point, I respect the people that stay at the resort. I think that I would be very upset paying an enormous amount of money to stay at one of the monorail resorts and then not be able to find a place to park.

We have a seating at Chef Mickey's for our trip in June and we will take the bus to the MK and then monorail to the CR.

Vicki

How 'bout if you dine there, then access the park, and then buy something as you go back through?

Originally posted by kramer_clan
I did at one point park at the Polynesian to eat there and then go to the Magic Kingdom, but I now obey the three hour rule. Even though they probably do not check every car in the lot at the three hour point, I respect the people that stay at the resort. I think that I would be very upset paying an enormous amount of money to stay at one of the monorail resorts and then not be able to find a place to park.

We have a seating at Chef Mickey's for our trip in June and we will take the bus to the MK and then monorail to the CR.

Vicki

Thank you, July before last it was so bad at the Polynesian, one afternoon around 2pm we had to park at the TTC and walk to the resort as the lot was full. Upon walking to the resort from the TTC lot, through the Polynesian lot, we are amazed at the large number of cars in the lot without a Polynesian parking pass.

I really have no problem with someone coming over to dine or shop and getting a 3 hour pass. I do have a problem when as a guest I have to hike in from the TTC to get to my resort.

The parking lots are not large enough to handle peak capacity at the resort and numerous others.

We've done this at the Boardwalk Inn and visiting the boardwalk too. Am I technically taking up someone's space who's staying at the BWI or BWV? Probably. But where else do you park to visit the BW? Anyone know?

I really have no problem with someone coming over to dine or shop and getting a 3 hour pass. I do have a problem when as a guest I have to hike in from the TTC to get to my resort.

The parking lots are not large enough to handle peak capacity at the resort and numerous others.

Next time plan accordingly. Either park it when you get there and use Disney transportation, or leave the vehicle at home. We usually drive down to our resort and then have a hard time remembering where we parked the car when it's time to go home.

Originally posted by Stitch Inside
Next time plan accordingly. Either park it when you get there and use Disney transportation, or leave the vehicle at home. We usually drive down to our resort and then have a hard time remembering where we parked the car when it's time to go home.

I really do not think if I am paying the required amount to stay at the Polynesian that I should not be able to use our car. We live in Florida and have no plans to leave the car at home. Once there we visit friends in the area and shop.

I really am not into paying in access of $200 or more to not be able to bring a car, so someone that is not staying there can have a parking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter