Parking in DTD and taking the bus-----

RLM

Earning My Ears
to the various parks. We will be staying off property and driving a rental car. Can we park in DTD, and get around WDW,(Parks,Hotels, etc) via the bus system. :smooth:

The buses from DTD do not go to the other parks, only the resorts.

Originally posted by RLM
to the various parks. We will be staying off property and driving a rental car. Can we park in DTD, and get around WDW,(Parks,Hotels, etc) via the bus system. :smooth:

No. You will need to park in the main parking lot of whatever theme park you wish to visit for that day. From there, you may use the park to park transportation if you wish.

There are NO theme park buses to or from Downtown Disney.

Well if you can go FROM MGM to DTD, I don't know what good that would do the OP.

I would assume the fact that people parked at DTD tying up all the parking spaces is the reason you can't go from DTD to the parks anymore by bus.

Originally posted by betterlatethannever
Here is link to a thread where a poster says there is an MGM bus TO DTD, but not from. Is she correct?

Ed

That route was discontinued a little less than a year ago.

Originally posted by RLM

Even if you could, it's not worth it, IMHO. It just takes too long - you're much better off driving directly to the theme park's lot and paying the parking fee. Doing that will save you at least 1/2 hour and usually more!

Think about how much your family spends on theme park admission. Then think about how much of your park time you are losing by trying to save a few $$ on the price of parking. You will likely spend time waiting for a bus as well as the time it takes to actually travel there.

I don't know about most people, but an hour of my family's time is worth a lot more than $8/day. When we stay off site, we just factor in the price of parking to the price of admission.

Again, JMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter