Parking Fee Hilton Buena Vista Palace

writerguyfl

DIS Veteran
As predicted by many (I'm thinking of you, HopperFan), the Hilton Buena Vista Palace has instituted a nightly fee of $10 plus tax for self-parking. This change happened at some point in the past month, as it was free when I last checked (5/19/17).

hilton-buena-vista-parking-rate-new.jpg

Source: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/fl...palace-disney-springs-area-MCOBUHH/index.html

most of the hotels around disney spring do charge for self parking and some even "resort fee" on top of that, I hate they aren't showing the actual night fee with all included

As predicted by many (I'm thinking of you, HopperFan), the Hilton Buena Vista Palace has instituted a nightly fee of $10 plus tax for self-parking. This change happened at some point in the past month, as it was free when I last checked (5/19/17).

hilton-buena-vista-parking-rate-new.jpg

Source: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/fl...palace-disney-springs-area-MCOBUHH/index.html

Ahhh, our crystal balls weren't wrong.

Renovation basically done now, starting adding the fees. Still cheaper than the others though ... for now.

Next up ........ the mystery of the Hilton ......... major renovation OR re-branding? What's your bet?

Well, the Hilton Lake Buena Vista is owned by Tishman, which also owns the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels. (I know you know that, but other readers might not.)

http://www.tishman.com/portfolio/

Whether the Hilton LBV gets renovated will depend on if Tishman wants to continue spending their cash on renovations. They just poured money into the Swan and are currently renovating the Dolphin. I could see them wanting to go a few years without renovations on the books. (I have no clue if they are renovating other properties they own.)

I want to say they will re-flag instead of renovate. But, if Wikipedia is correct, this hotel is being managed by Hilton. If that management contract is multi-year, that would make re-flagging to a non-Hilton brand difficult, if not impossible.

If that Hilton management contract ends soon (or is cancelable), there aren't a lot of options in terms of chains. They wouldn't want to undercut themselves by choosing a Starwood brand. And, with the Marriott/Starwood merger, they probably wouldn't opt for a Marriott, either. (There also may be geographic restrictions in place that prohibit a second Marriott or Renaissance branded hotel so close to the existing ones.) I suppose it could become an InterContinental or Crowne Plaza. Tishman already works with InterContinental. A long shot would be my old employer Radisson.

I almost tempted to email Tishman and ask. I wonder if that would yield any information.

Well, the Hilton Lake Buena Vista is owned by Tishman, which also owns the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels. (I know you know that, but other readers might not.)

http://www.tishman.com/portfolio/

Whether the Hilton LBV gets renovated will depend on if Tishman wants to continue spending their cash on renovations. They just poured money into the Swan and are currently renovating the Dolphin. I could see them wanting to go a few years without renovations on the books. (I have no clue if they are renovating other properties they own.)

I want to say they will re-flag instead of renovate. But, if Wikipedia is correct, this hotel is being managed by Hilton. If that management contract is multi-year, that would make re-flagging to a non-Hilton brand difficult, if not impossible.

If that Hilton management contract ends soon (or is cancelable), there aren't a lot of options in terms of chains. They wouldn't want to undercut themselves by choosing a Starwood brand. And, with the Marriott/Starwood merger, they probably wouldn't opt for a Marriott, either. (There also may be geographic restrictions in place that prohibit a second Marriott or Renaissance branded hotel so close to the existing ones.) I suppose it could become an InterContinental or Crowne Plaza. Tishman already works with InterContinental. A long shot would be my old employer Radisson.

I almost tempted to email Tishman and ask. I wonder if that would yield any information.

Hmmm, now I want to start sleuthing :magnify:

I am dumbfounded they have let this hotel go like they have while nicer newer Hiltons are built around them.

And you see that new Marriott around the corner, purchase and renovated what we call "the pineapple hotel" .... Delta Orlando LBV ... very good prices plus a parking fee.

Gonna poke around, I've seen somewhere a list of Orlando hotels up for re-branding or extensions.

We have personally had great stays with the Hilton. I know many have complained and it is dated but we often get a $70ish MVP rate before fees and as lifetime Diamond we have always received a very generous upgrade on each of our stays. Most of our status was earned with Conrad and I would love to see them move in this direction with the property.

Honestly, we have had less than stellar stays with Waldorf Orlando more than once. Still fresh enough that we are sitting on the free nights recovery with no desire to return. I guess my expectations for the Hilton Disney Springs were always fairly low so we have been pleasantly surprised.

And you see that new Marriott around the corner, purchase and renovated what we call "the pineapple hotel" .... Delta Orlando LBV ... very good prices plus a parking fee.

I've held reservations twice for that hotel at really good rates. Both time, I ended up canceling the trips. (My Disney trips are usually business/leisure hybrids. If I end up not needing to be up there, I'll cancel or reschedule.)

I used to go to that hotel when I lived up there because it had an Au Bon Pain. That was when it wasn't as nice as it is now. The pictures from their renovation are impressive.

We have personally had great stays with the Hilton. I know many have complained and it is dated but we often get a $70ish MVP rate before fees and as lifetime Diamond we have always received a very generous upgrade on each of our stays. Most of our status was earned with Conrad and I would love to see them move in this direction with the property.

Honestly, we have had less than stellar stays with Waldorf Orlando more than once. Still fresh enough that we are sitting on the free nights recovery with no desire to return. I guess my expectations for the Hilton Disney Springs were always fairly low so we have been pleasantly surprised.

I understand that point-of-view. I spent a lot of nights at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista...easily 50+ nights in 2015 and 2016. I never had a problem-free stay. As such, I'll only return if the rate is under about $110 including the resort fee.

Like you, I've gotten those $70 MVP rates. (I even recall staying for $63 plus the resort fee once.) At those low rates, it's worth it...particularly if you're getting the breakfast as an Honor elite member. But, I'd rather stay home than pay their typical rates.

I also understand about not wanting to return to a hotel where you had problems. I have a free night service recovery certificate from the Hilton Buena Vista Palace. Despite what appears to be a well-done renovation, I'm not planning on redeeming it. I have too many bad memories of what was the dirtiest hotel room I'd experienced in several decades.

I've held reservations twice for that hotel at really good rates. Both time, I ended up canceling the trips. (My Disney trips are usually business/leisure hybrids. If I end up not needing to be up there, I'll cancel or reschedule.)

I used to go to that hotel when I lived up there because it had an Au Bon Pain. That was when it wasn't as nice as it is now. The pictures from their renovation are impressive.

I understand that point-of-view. I spent a lot of nights at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista...easily 50+ nights in 2015 and 2016. I never had a problem-free stay. As such, I'll only return if the rate is under about $110 including the resort fee.

Like you, I've gotten those $70 MVP rates. (I even recall staying for $63 plus the resort fee once.) At those low rates, it's worth it...particularly if you're getting the breakfast as an Honor elite member. But, I'd rather stay home than pay their typical rates.

I also understand about not wanting to return to a hotel where you had problems. I have a free night service recovery certificate from the Hilton Buena Vista Palace. Despite what appears to be a well-done renovation, I'm not planning on redeeming it. I have too many bad memories of what was the dirtiest hotel room I'd experienced in several decades.

The BVP is one I would avoid at all costs as well. And nothing would persuade me to return to a property where I questioned the cleanliness, absolutely the number one thing I look for in a property. When it comes down to it most of our Hilton stays are 1 or 2 nights before an on property or Four Seasons stay and we require very little so we tend to book on price. If they had a competitive luxury property we would stay but Hilton BC while nice is not a luxury property IMO and Waldorf service was so sub par the Hilton DS looked better. On three visits we had multiple waits of 30 minutes for our car from valet as well as a room that should have been removed from inventory that we were assigned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter