• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at WDW when staying off-site

BillM

Mouseketeer
We will be off-site for one night proir to a stay at OKW. Can we use our DVC membership card for free parking at the parks or like at BW and other resorts??

For sure not at the parks because they would want to see the parking pass you get at check-in. You could probably park at the BW. I'm not sure whether or not the card will be enough for free valet parking. I don't think so.

Free parking at the parks is not a DVC perk, but is for all on-site WDW guests and annual passholders. You can park free at Downtown Disney & most resorts. You can NOT park at Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Shades of Green, Wilderness Lodge or Poly as these are inside the Magic Kingdom parking boundry. If you want to go to a park on your off-site day, pay the fee, you may not park at a resort and leave your car. Non-guest parking is only 3 hours at most resorts (Disney had a huge parking problem with off-site guests).

If you're talking about the day of check in, just check in at the resort first and they will give you a room key/ ID card that you can use. If it's the day before, you're stuck unless you want to be somewhat dishonest. You could always make reservations for a meal to park at one of the resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter