Parking at Finish line and transfer?

Bulldogmommy

Mouseketeer
Hey runDisney Veterans,

Here's one for you. We want to park our rental car at the finish line of the Dark Side Half marathon, so we can head out to the port for our cruise afterwards...

So, can anyone tell me if Disney shuttles runners to the start line from the finish line? Your experiences, observations, lessons learned would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Running

So according to last year's program guide Disney provided buses from the finish to the start. Meaning you could park your rental at the finish line and then take a bus to the start. I'd assume the same would be true this year. You'll know for sure when the program guide comes out though.

Last Year's Bus Schedule:
2:30 a.m. – 4:30 a.m. Buses running from Resorts to Epcot ®
4:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Buses running from Resorts to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
4:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Buses running from Epcot ® to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

So according to last year's program guide Disney provided buses from the finish to the start. Meaning you could park your rental at the finish line and then take a bus to the start. I'd assume the same would be true this year. You'll know for sure when the program guide comes out though.

Last Year's Bus Schedule:
2:30 a.m. – 4:30 a.m. Buses running from Resorts to Epcot ®
4:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Buses running from Resorts to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
4:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Buses running from Epcot ® to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

That is great information for us! Many Many thanks!

However, last year there was no parking allowed at WWoS where the finish line was, so I'd check that out before finalizing your plans.

We had intended to do the same thing, and couldn't get near the finish.

I did hear of a few people who parked at Pop Century and walked back.

Although the course was such a disaster last year, that hopefully they change it up.

Last edited:

However, last year there was no parking allowed at WWoS where the finish line was, so I'd check that out before finalizing your plans.

We had intended to do the same thing, and couldn't get near the finish.

Damn, thanks for the information... I'll double and triple check. Even my answer from runDisney was misleading and never answered my question

Damn, thanks for the information... I'll double and triple check. Even my answer from runDisney was misleading and never answered my question

Yeah, although once I saw the traffic mess at WWoS I was glad that we hadn't parked there, because I'm pretty sure we'd still be waiting to get out.

You could just plan on getting on any bus with a short line and then get a taxi or Uber back to your car. It'll probably be your fastest option if there's no parking.

We definitely did not like the transportation situation for this race. The 2011 Wine and Dine was my only other experience with a point to point race and for that race we parked at the EPCOT and pretty much immediately got on a bus to the starting area at WWOS. For this race we parked at EPCOT again but after the race had to wait in line for almost 45 minutes before we were able to board a bus to get back to our car at EPCOT not exactly what you want to be doing after running a half.

I'm planning to take the bus from POFQ to the race start for the Star Wars half. My boyfriend (who is not running the race) is planning to drive our car to the Epcot parking lot, walk to the finish line to see me finish, then we will enjoy our day at Epcot and have our car there already so we can just drive back to the hotel when the park closes that night (we really hate waiting for those buses when the parks close)! Do you think that will work?

I thought there was a new course starting on Floridian Way this year, and ending at Epcot? If so, maybe there will be monorail options from Epcot to TTC. (EDIT: NOPE, but buses)

Given that the race is a month away, hope the course map will be released soon.

EDIT: From the event Guide:

"3:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. Buses running from Host Resorts to Start Line at Magic Kingdom®
6:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Buses running from Host Resorts to Finish Line at Epcot®
3:00 a.m. – 6:30 a.m. Buses running between Finish Line at Epcot® to Magic Kingdom®
NO Monorail Transportation will be available
Participants must board a bus by 4:00 a.m. in order to make it to their corrals on time.
Runner drop off is available in the Charter Lot of Magic Kingdom® Park or the Charter Lot at Epcot®."

Last edited:
But on the upside, it looks like parking at Epcot for the finish shouldn't be a problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter