• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at BWI airport

sherreis

DIS Veteran
We fly out of BWI in October (assuming Air Tran doesn't mess with our flights too much). We'll be driving to BWI and parking.

Which parking area do most of you prefer and why? How much time do we allow for parking? Our flight is at 3 PM and we don't want to get there too early cause we'll be pulling the kids out of school late in the morning.

TIA.

BWI's Express parking lot. It's around $13 a day, but a van comes directly to your parking spot, picks you up and takes you to the terminal. (If you go to BWI's website, they may have coupons to make it much cheaper also.) It's very convenient especially if you have kids and strollers and lots of luggage. The driver loads it up for you.

Second choice would be the daily parking garage for $10 a day.

We always park at Airport FastPark. There is always an on-line coupon and we usually pay around $7.00 per day. They pick you up right at your car, and the driver loads the luggage. When you return to BWI after your trip, their vans are constantly available to pick you up (just go outside and flag them down), they take to directly to your car, again the driver unloads your luggage and puts it into your vehicle. If it's snowing they even clean off your car.

I recommend them highly!

BWI's Express parking lot. It's around $13 a day, but a van comes directly to your parking spot, picks you up and takes you to the terminal.

ITA with this ~ Express parking is great :thumbsup2

This is a covered lot which is what we'll choose during the winter if there's a chance of snow.

BWI's Express parking lot. It's around $13 a day, but a van comes directly to your parking spot, picks you up and takes you to the terminal. (If you go to BWI's website, they may have coupons to make it much cheaper also.) It's very convenient especially if you have kids and strollers and lots of luggage. The driver loads it up for you.

$13 - ouch

Checkout PreFlight.

My little car is there probably 2 weeks out of 4.

$9.50 --- BUT go to their website and print out a coupon to use....saves you about $1.75 p/day + your 7th day is free.

If you will travel frequently....sign up for their frequent parker program. I already have TWO five-day FREE coupons to use for our next 10-day Disney trip.

I love parking for free!

They are near the rental car facility - but the website has a good map you can follow.

They will tell you what row to park in.....and the shuttle will come right up to your car---carry your bags onto and off the shuttle....it's very nice!

$13 - ouch

You must never have flown out of Philly... The cheapest is ~$10 and that is for an old, overcrowded parking lot with barbed wire fencing, a few miles from the airport. To use the daily parking garage there is ~$30/day.

Because of that, we usually drive down to BWI instead of Philly. At BWI, we LOVE the $10 daily parking garage (I think it's the purple sign). It's easy to find parking, it's clean/safe, and the bus system is quick.

You must never have flown out of Philly... The cheapest is ~$10 and that is for an old, overcrowded parking lot with barbed wire fencing, a few miles from the airport. To use the daily parking garage there is ~$30/day.

Because of that, we usually drive down to BWI instead of Philly. At BWI, we LOVE the $10 daily parking garage (I think it's the purple sign). It's easy to find parking, it's clean/safe, and the bus system is quick.

Nope - I fly out of BWI and thought m $9.50 before my coupon was steep.

I DO park in the short-term lost...but only short term when my DH comes home. I LOVE the signs that tell you how many spaces are available in each row - THAT's cool!!

I always use Park N Go lot right near BWI, actually closer than their lots. They have a coupon if you go to their website, and I believe it runs around $7.85 maybe a day. They come to your car, put your luggage on the bus etc. I love their service. I love BWI in general. Here in Delaware we have no airports so it is BWI or Philly. We always use BWI because of the ease of getting to and the parking. Further questions, send me a private email, or post here. We are also going in Oct.

I always allow at least 90 min before flight, and always have plenty of time.

I park at Fast Track south of airport at Philly. It's about $7.50/day. Never had an issue. The guys practically grab your luggage out of your car before you can even get out. I park in the Long Term Parking Lot at BWI - about the same price. Only difference is the guys do NOT help with luggage. I've done LTP at BWI ay night by myself. No issues! Buses run constantly.

Thank you everyone. It's nice to hear that it's not that expensive as DH had budgeted and I will definitely make use of the coupons. Also extremely glad to hear that I don't need to budget for a lot of extra time. Our flight originally was supposed to be at 6 PM so we would have pulled the kids out of school 1/2 hr early which wasn't bad considering they'll be missing 3 more days. When AirTran changed our flight time to 7:45 PM, I changed our flight to 3 PM and we'll still send the boys to school but only for a few hours that morning.

It'll be great when we pull up in the parking lot and they take our luggage - cause our boys won't know it's in the car!!! :rotfl: The trip is a surprise and that's when they'll figure out they're going away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter