• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Vue Inn

Maddie2

DIS Veteran
Hello all. :wave2:

I am looking at nearby hotels and wondering if anyone has a promo code for the Park Vue Inn? There are slots on their website to place a code, but everything I have found is very old/invalid.

In some places PVI is listed as a "Good Neighbor Hotel", but not on the Disney website. Wondering if Disney comes out for a Pay for 3/Stay for 5 night package does that include GN hotels? And if so, just those listed on their website or ALL the GN hotels?

Thanks for any input or comments on the PVI! :goodvibes

We have stayed there many times, but I have never seen a promo code. I can't recall exact details, but years ago I remember noticing the discrepancy about the Good Neighbor Hotel classification. But since they are not an official Good Neighbor Hotel (as listed on the Disneyland website), the Park Vue would not be included if Disney was running deals.

I always buy tickets from the DL website (or Disney Store), and reserve the Park Vue from their own website. I have priced packages for Good Neighbor Hotels through the Disneyland website, but nothing has come up cheaper than just doing it seperately. Although they are never running the 5 for 3 when we go. Between the low room rates, the free parking and breakfast, and fabulous location...we are happy staying there and never feel like we are overpaying.

Good luck travel planning....hope you find a great deal.

We stayed at PVI for our trip this summer. we booked it separately as well as we didn't find a better deal on the disneyland site. I had hunted around looking for promo codes but didn't find one anywhere though we got a great deal without one anyhow.

we'll stay there again on our next trip down for sure!!!

We just booked this hotel, switching from BBPPI, mostly due to all the great reviews I read on several sites. I never saw a promo code but we are only paying a little bit more than we were for the AAA rate at BBPPI. Oh, wait I think we are using the AAA/Military/Govt rate at Park Vu. I don't know if this will help :upsidedow.

Thanks for the great info, fellow vacationers! :goodvibes

One more question, have you ever received any "special offers" or emails from them? I have tried to sign up for their emailing list on their website, but have not received anything. Not even after I get the 'check your email and follow these instructions' kind of screen. :confused3 And, nada, zip. I've waited a week and tried again and still nothing. :confused3

I've also emailed them with a question and received no response. So, even though I've been reading great comments about their hotel, the lack of management reading and responding to emails sends up a red flag. I guess they think they don't need to respond to questions because they get so much business anyway? I don't like that. Okay, thanks just needed a mini-vent. ;)

Also ... do the rooms have closets or at least a place to hang clothes?

We are looking a room with 1 queen and bunkbeds (so our kids don't have to sleep together and with arms and legs flailing in the night, so we don't have to sleep with our kids ;)) and when I look at the photos and room layouts, I do not see any closets. It looks like most rooms have the sinks inside the bathrooms too. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!:)

I recently received an email offer from them. It was a special for last-minute booking. I don't remember the details, because it wasn't during the time we are travelling.

I called the reservations number and got excellent service. Maybe they just aren't so great at responding to emails.

I'm staying at Park Vue Inn for 8 days in 3 weeks and will be reviewing the hotel with full on photos and all, so make sure and watch out for that :)

I recently received an email offer from them. It was a special for last-minute booking. I don't remember the details, because it wasn't during the time we are travelling.

I called the reservations number and got excellent service. Maybe they just aren't so great at responding to emails.

That's good to know, so maybe there's hope??!! Thanks!:goodvibes

We are staying here in Dec for our trip booked due to all the good reviews I have read recently. I did find out in my research that the queen with bunk beds is a really small room. Just thought I would mention that. All the reviews I read said if they could have had the 2 queens they would have preferred that. I am traveling with my hubby and 2 kids and chose the 2 queen room I need space I don't like to feel cramped at all. Maybe someone who has had the bunk bed room can chime in just wanted to let you know what I found when researching. I have never stayed here before so I can't say anything for sure just wanted to share the info.

Also ... do the rooms have closets or at least a place to hang clothes?

We are looking a room with 1 queen and bunkbeds (so our kids don't have to sleep together and with arms and legs flailing in the night, so we don't have to sleep with our kids ;)) and when I look at the photos and room layouts, I do not see any closets. It looks like most rooms have the sinks inside the bathrooms too. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!:)

we stayed in the queen/bunk rooms just in august. there is a open type closet near the foot of the bunk beds. right beside the "closet" is the mini fridge and counter with coffee pot etc on it. (we didn't use this so not sure how it worked)

The room itself wasn't large but about the same as a standard hotel room. it was clean and my favorite part...No awful bed spreads!!! they change all the blankets daily!

there is a dresser with 3 drawers and on top is the TV beside the tv is a small desk space (good for laptop and a place to rest keys etc)

the queen bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in in a hotel!

The pool is smaller in size but nice and deep! the hot tub was super hot too. the staff were all wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed our whole stay! I can't speak to the email response but they were great on the phone.

have a great time!

we have only stayed in the 2 Queen rooms, and the only sink in the room is located right outside the bathroom (inside the bathroom includes the toiled + tub/shower).

I received a special offer only once, and that was YEARS ago. We always stay there, and receive our room confirmation via email, but nothing else other than that one special offer. Once I had to call and change our reservation, and I did have to call back because I did not recieve an email confirmation (that reflected the changes) right away. But I got it after the second call.

I concur with the previous poster about the pool. Nothing fancy, buy my kids loved swimming there. They loved the hot tub too....and we had both to ourselves.

Oh and I forgot to mention about the bathroom.. in the queen/bunk room the bathroom is full. sink inside the bathroom with toilet and tub/shower too.

when we were there in august we had free breakfast (waffles, toast, bagels, yogurt, fruit, eggs, bacon. sausage, cereals) and social hour in the evenings offering a small meal (mini hot dogs, sliders, salads, soups, juice/water, tacos were offered one night and enchalada's one night too).

I have to say that with what you get for the price of this hotel is unbeatable. and with the proximity to the park entrance - Priceless! I'm trying to talk Dh into going again next summer lol....

when we were there in august we had free breakfast (waffles, toast, bagels, yogurt, fruit, eggs, bacon. sausage, cereals) and social hour in the evenings offering a small meal (mini hot dogs, sliders, salads, soups, juice/water, tacos were offered one night and enchalada's one night too).

I have to say that with what you get for the price of this hotel is unbeatable. and with the proximity to the park entrance - Priceless! I'm trying to talk Dh into going again next summer lol....

The bacon and sausage for breakfast, as well as the evening social hour, have been added since our last stay. Wow! I agree...price + proximity = fantastic! Good luck talking your husband into another trip!

We've stayed there twice. On our last trip in Feb 2010, we stayed in a suite. The bedroom had a full closet (with doors). There were 3 sinks in the suite: one in the full bathroom, one right outside the bathroom, and one in the mini kitchen area.

There were just 4 of us at the hotel on that trip, but we would have had enough room for 6.

I get emails once in awhile for special prices. But I've never used them. I would guess I get probably 2 emails a year. I don't remember receiving one recently. But, I'm not planning a trip, so I could have.

HTH.

I received an email about a year ago offering $79 a night (Sun thru Thursday) in Nov excluding Thanksgiving week. It was the only one I could find in my inbox. They send out emails pretty infrequently. We always call to get the best rate. We stay here every time we go to Disneyland and have always been happy. I agree that the bunk rooms are a bit of a tight squeeze. We only stayed in that type of room one time, too small for us. The kids loved it though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter