Park update: ROTR-Pirates, Buzz and AP pcorn buckets

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I spent the morning at DL today. Although I arrived slightly later than usual, I was still able to make rope drop. And here's something special that's only happened to me twice before: I was the first person on two rides. The first was PP. Then immediately after that I stepped over to Mr. Toad. No one else was there and when I asked the CM who was loading if I was the first, she assured me that I was. The same thing happened about four years ago. And then about 18 months ago I was first on PP and then first on Pirates. It opened late that day so when I got over to it around 9:00, I simply waited a few minutes for it to open.

For the first hour, crowds were really light. But then around 10:15 that changed. I only stayed until shortly after noon. On weekdays that's about my limit so I can get back to LA and get some writing done.

One thing that was really nice: a friend had asked me to get her some limited-edition pins from the OBB. They’d just come out on Tuesday night tor the bash. I know that the previous week’s limited edition pins (released on Thursday) were long gone by the time I checked on Sunday morning and I was afraid these would be sold out too. Also, I’d been told by several CMs that the OBB pins would probably only be available *at* the party.

I checked at DCA yesterday morning around 9:15... and they had them! Woo hoo! Ah, but nothing’s ever easy, is it? When I explained to the shop CM that I’d like the two pins in question, he hesitated and said that they were only supposed to be sold at parties. Shoot. I knew it had been too simple. But then he said something about management allowing them to sell them that day. I wasn’t sure what he’d said exactly but I didn’t really care. I simply smiled, pulled out my AP and crossed my fingers. When he plucked the pins from the case and began to scan them, I knew I’d made it. Such a relief. It had already been a good day and that had only made it sweeter.

Anyway, a little news:

• A security CM I spoke with explained that the same team that designed the Shanghai Pirates is also in charge of the Rise of the Resistance attraction. He said he'd "...let me in on a secret" so I don't know how well known this is. I Googled the connection and didn't find anything. The Shanghai POTC is technically amazing although I always say that ours has more heart and magic.

• Scoring worked much better on Buzz today than it has in recent weeks; most targets worked for a change. On my first ride I scored just over 1.8M. There were two other rides when I would have broken 2M but either the gun didn't work well or a high-value target failed to respond. Oh well.

• Popcorn wagons still seem to have plenty of AP and Haunted Mansion buckets left.

Some park pics.

IMG_1897.JPG

Tomorrowland at around 8:30. Very sparse even though it was still early.
IMG_1899.JPG

Peter Tu on the trolley (the Trully? ;-)!
IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1923.JPG

IMG_1924.JPG

IMG_1918.JPG

IMG_1915.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG

IMG_1936.JPG

• I also grabbed a few more of the Halloween park maps and the Halloween food guide (pics below). If anyone would like a set, simply shoot me a direct message.

IMG_1940.jpg

Last edited:
I spent the morning at DL today. Although I arrived slightly later than usual, I was still able to make rope drop. And here's something special that's only happened to me twice before: I was the first person on two rides. The first was PP. Then immediately after that I stepped over to Mr. Toad. No one else was there and when I asked the CM who was loading if I was the first, she assured me that I was. The same thing happened about four years ago. And then about 18 months ago I was first on PP and then first on Pirates. It opened late that day so when I got over to it around 9:00, I simply waited a few minutes for it to open.

For the first hour, crowds were really light. But then around 10:15 or so, that changed. I only stayed until about 12:15. On weekdays that's about as late as I stay.

Anyway, a little news:

• A security CM I spoke with explained that the same team that designed the Shanghai Pirates is also in charge of the Rise of the Resistance attraction. The Shanghai POTC is technically amazing although I always say that ours has more heart and magic.

• Scoring worked much better on Buzz today than it has in recent weeks; most targets worked for a change. On my first ride I scored just over 1.8M. There were two other rides when I would have broken 2M but either the gun didn't work well or a high-value target failed to respond. Oh well.

• Popcorn wagons still seem to have plenty of AP and Haunted Mansion buckets left.

Some park pics.

View attachment 437092

Tomorrowland at around 8:30. Very sparse even though it was still early.
View attachment 437093

Peter Tu on the trolley (the Trully? ;-)!
View attachment 437094

View attachment 437097

View attachment 437098

View attachment 437102

View attachment 437105

View attachment 437103

View attachment 437100

• I also grabbed a few more of the Halloween park maps and the Halloween food guide (pics below). If anyone would like a set, simply shoot me a direct message.

View attachment 437101
I didn't know there was a Halloween Food Guide!! My mind is blown! We've a visit planned on Saturday, this is the first thing I'm seeking out. Thank you again WonkaKid for your park reports & insights! Love the photo of Red too!

I'm so excited I can barely stand it. We fly in on Tuesday and I have nothing left to do but read posts here and check and recheck all my reservations for our entire trip. Well, ok, I have six cake orders plus a wedding cake to get out the door by Saturday, so that is keeping me a bit busy....but my mind is on Disneyland!!

Rob, Love the empty park pics, and I always love the photos of all of the artistic treats!

Thank you so much for making the pins happen for my DD! She will be beyond thrilled when we get there in late October!!! You are the best!

Well then -- here it is :-). They seem to sometimes run out of them so just in case they do...

I also have a few extra if anyone would like one.
View attachment 437386

View attachment 437387
Yay! Can't wait for all the Halloween treats when we visit next month. Are you going to DL on the actual day of Halloween? If so I'll try to look for you to say hi!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!