Park Tickets, PhotoPass, and more...

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
I have a few unrelated questions about our upcoming Disneyland trip:

1. I purchased our tickets through Undercover Tourist a few weeks ago. Is it better for me to link everyone's ticket to my account or should we all download the Disneyland app and put our tickets on our own accounts? Also, we are staying at the Candy Cane Inn, so no Disney room keys, and we don't have MB+. I'm assuming my sons can use their Apple watches kind of like a magicband to get into the park and for Genie+ (this is what they do at Disney World). Will my DH and I always need to take out our phones every time we want to use Genie+ to get on a ride? Can we go to Guest Services to get a "ticket" that we use to get into the parks and for rides with Genie+.

2. For PhotoPass, how do we "claim" our ride photos since we won't be wearing magicbands?

3. We have a Disney Visa that we never use, but I was reading in a Disney FB page today that if you use your Disney Visa at a lot of locations in Disneyland you receive a 10% discount. I tried to look on the Chase website for a listing of restaurants where you can get a discount, but I'm not having much luck finding information. Is it mostly sit-down restaurants that offer the discount or is it also quick service locations? Also, do we need to spend a certain amount to receive the discount?

Thanks for your help!

1. I don't believe your boys can use their Apple watch as a Magic Band. Yes, you and your husband will need to tap your phone against the Genie + pole on each ride. https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...nd-disneyland-parks-access-lightening-529950/

2. The photos are posted on the wall when you exit a ride. Most people just take a picture of their photo and upload the code into their app later.

3. I don't have Visa, but am a MK holder. Many/most cast members ask if you have a discount before they finish ringing you up. Have you looked at this page? https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/disneyland-perks/

Last edited:
1. Getting a paper ticket is hit or miss. If you are using Genie+, you need a cellphone to book the ride. You cannot book a ride until you have scanned into the parks.

We just got back yesterday from a week long trip to DLR. We were three (me, wife, daughter). Both me and my wife had the app on our respective phones with all three tickets linked to either phone. With set up, we could see any LL passes, food orders, photos, etc., and any other activity that is l inked to our tickets. This way, either one of us could use our phones to enter/exit park and be scanned at LL's.

For UCT tickets, you need to put the ticket numbers (or scan the UCT ticket barcodes) into the DL App so that you can make park reservations. I usually put all of our family's tickets into my app. Then I have my DDs log into the app using my login so that we can all see everything for everyone. All tickets, LLs, dining reservations, Mobile Orders, etc are there in the app. You will scan your bar code from your digital tickets to enter the LL when it is your time window (so yes, you will have to take someone's phone out to scan into any LLs if you don't all have MB+, but you will have all tickets on one phone, so one person can scan all 4 ticket codes for the group at the LL kiosk at the ride entrance). You can screen shot each person's ticket bar code and text it to them so it is easier to access it than going through the app each time, if each person wants to scan themselves in. You do not need to scan in for the standby lines.

Ride photos will be in a TV screen area at the exit of the ride. Take a photo of your photo, as it contains the code for the photo that you will need to type into the app to get the photo in your Photopass. You can type it in right there, but we usually just take a quick photo of the screen and enter the number later that night.

DL is not giving paper tickets anymore. They expect you to use the digital bar code on your phone for entering the parks and scanning into LLs and ILLs. Some have had luck going to GS to get a paper ticket, but it apparently takes a while and they were given a hard time about it.

On our most recent trip, we only went on one ride with ride photos, which was the buzz light year shooting game ride and I was very disappointed with the ride phoot, increidbly blurry, you actually can't make out any faces :D

Pretty sure the camera on that ride is from a 2003 Nokia flip phone.

I tell everyone that the pictures were taken with a potato.

I will give WDW a point in its favor and it's that the ride photos on their version of Buzz are actually clear and good quality! Our DLR Buzz desperately needs an update. To the cameras AND to the scoring/guns which are often not working right.

For UCT tickets, you need to put the ticket numbers (or scan the UCT ticket barcodes) into the DL App so that you can make park reservations. I usually put all of our family's tickets into my app. Then I have my DDs log into the app using my login so that we can all see everything for everyone. All tickets, LLs, dining reservations, Mobile Orders, etc are there in the app. You will scan your bar code from your digital tickets to enter the LL when it is your time window (so yes, you will have to take someone's phone out to scan into any LLs if you don't all have MB+, but you will have all tickets on one phone, so one person can scan all 4 ticket codes for the group at the LL kiosk at the ride entrance). You can screen shot each person's ticket bar code and text it to them so it is easier to access it than going through the app each time, if each person wants to scan themselves in. You do not need to scan in for the standby lines.

Ride photos will be in a TV screen area at the exit of the ride. Take a photo of your photo, as it contains the code for the photo that you will need to type into the app to get the photo in your Photopass. You can type it in right there, but we usually just take a quick photo of the screen and enter the number later that night.

DL is not giving paper tickets anymore. They expect you to use the digital bar code on your phone for entering the parks and scanning into LLs and ILLs. Some have had luck going to GS to get a paper ticket, but it apparently takes a while and they were given a hard time about it.
I agree with all of this poster's excellent advice. A few comments:

1) I know it's expensive, but I highly encourage you to consider getting MagicBand+ for at least your kids. This will allow you to put all tickets on your app and they can scan into the park or LL without you. You can also use MagicBand+ at WDW. Simply put each ticket number into the DL app and associate them to a member of your party. When I go to DL with my immediate and extended family, I control everyone's tickets as I find it much easier to have one central source.

2) Agree, I simply take a picture of our ride photos upon exiting and then add them later that day at the hotel. For non-ride photos, they can simply scan MagicBand+ or your ticket (they sometimes also give out photopass cards you can enter into the app later).

3) The restaurants, as of now with a 10% discount are:

Disneyland® Park
Cafe Orleans
Carnation Café
The Golden Horseshoe
Harbour Galley
Plaza Inn
River Belle Terrace
Royal Street Veranda
Troubadour Tavern

Disney California Adventure® Park
Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining
Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill
Lucky Fortune Cookery
Paradise Garden Grill
Sonoma Terrace
Studio Catering Co.
Wine Country Trattoria

Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa
GCH Craftsman Bar
Storytellers Café

Disneyland® Hotel
Goofy’s Kitchen

There's also 10% off at some merchandise locations like World of Disney and the Emporium, some random shops in Downtown Disney, and they have an exclusive photo opportunity during certain times at DL and DCA. All the info is here: https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/disneyland-perks/.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest