Park Shoes

MantaRider

Earning My Ears
Hey all,

What kind of shoes do you wear to the park? I'm ideally looking for something that I won't have to change out of if it rains and my feet get wet.

Kazrak

DIS Veteran
I'll go with my usual daily wear, a pair of Merrill mid-height hiking boots. They claim to be waterproof, but it hasn't rained here since I got 'em so I can't vouch for them for sure. My daughter swears by hers, though, and wears them in the snow in Flagstaff.

Terra Nova guy

DIS Dad #811 Newfoundland, Canada
I tried Keen sandals on my August trip and I found them good. I was looking for something that was breathable, would dry out quickly, and wouldn't rub my feet. The Keens did the trick for me. I wore them every day no matter the weather.

• MantaRider

Earning My Ears
    I tried Keen sandals on my August trip and I found them good. I was looking for something that was breathable, would dry out quickly, and wouldn't rub my feet. The Keens did the trick for me. I wore them every day no matter the weather.
    That's what I'm thinking of doing. I would like to do boat shoes or something but I don't think they'd be comfortable all day. And modern ones don't really dry out anyway

leahgoogle

Mouseketeer

Stitch808

Mouseketeer
    I also wear Keen sandals. If they get wet, it's breathable and dry quickly. They are my go to park shoes.

WDW Traveler

DIS Veteran
    I have a couple of pairs of Teva sandals. Very comfortable for all day wear and the ones I have dry very quickly. I recently came across some Sketchers that I think I might want to try to next time (cheaper than Teva, but still cute and comfortable).

• amberpi

DIS Veteran
    My DH wears Frye sandals to the parks. They are a little pricier than some, but I've been wearing the brand for ages and they hold up SO well! Apparently, the men's shoes do too. Cost per use, right?

I have narrow feet so I'm less help about women's shoes. We're going back next week to make up a horrible trip in August to the kids, and right now I have varying sandals, espadrilles, and even a pair of heels packed...by varying the shoes up, I've never had an issue with my feet hurting. Like a PP, the time I wore socks and sneakers I got terrible blisters, but like that poster, I also generally hate socks and tights and things on my feet. Changing shoes during the midday break is a huge help!

MantaRider

Earning My Ears
    I'm really leaning towards getting some nice sandals, since I won't have to change shoes if it rains. I might try out some water resistant walking shoes too but that seems like a bit much

KimTK1381

Earning My Ears
    Hey all,

What kind of shoes do you wear to the park? I'm ideally looking for something that I won't have to change out of if it rains and my feet get wet.
    crazy, but I buy a new pair of real nice flip flops. can walk all day in them.

NewEnglandDisneyDad

Earning My Ears
    I'll go with my usual daily wear, a pair of Merrill mid-height hiking boots. They claim to be waterproof, but it hasn't rained here since I got 'em so I can't vouch for them for sure. My daughter swears by hers, though, and wears them in the snow in Flagstaff.
    I second going with Merrill hikers. My wife uses Nike RN Flyknit and loves those for a long day of walking--they also dry out quickly.

• rg35

DIS Veteran
    I always just wear regular sneakers, but for stuff that dries easily my kids wear Crocs or Natives.

CapeCodTenor

Dis Veteran
    It's been years, but I wore sandals the last few times I went down and didn't have a problem. I just made sure the sandals had thick sols for nice cushion.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM