Park Shoes

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by MantaRider, Sep 26, 2018.

1. MantaRider

MantaRider Earning My Ears

Hey all,

What kind of shoes do you wear to the park? I'm ideally looking for something that I won't have to change out of if it rains and my feet get wet.

2. Kazrak

Kazrak Mouseketeer

I'll go with my usual daily wear, a pair of Merrill mid-height hiking boots. They claim to be waterproof, but it hasn't rained here since I got 'em so I can't vouch for them for sure. My daughter swears by hers, though, and wears them in the snow in Flagstaff.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Terra Nova guy

Terra Nova guy DIS Dad #811 Newfoundland, Canada

I tried Keen sandals on my August trip and I found them good. I was looking for something that was breathable, would dry out quickly, and wouldn't rub my feet. The Keens did the trick for me. I wore them every day no matter the weather.

5. MantaRider

That's what I'm thinking of doing. I would like to do boat shoes or something but I don't think they'd be comfortable all day. And modern ones don't really dry out anyway

6. leahgoogle

leahgoogle Mouseketeer

https://www.crocs.com/p/womens-swif...?cgid=women-footwear&cid=007#q=water&start=17

I never thought I would like crocs, but these sandals are amazing. I started wearing running shoes and when I started getting a blister, I switched to these. I wore them the rest of our trip to the water parks and the theme parks. They were so comfortable and dried out quickly. DH likes them so much he uses them as his everyday shoe at home too.

7. Stitch808

Stitch808 Mouseketeer

I also wear Keen sandals. If they get wet, it's breathable and dry quickly. They are my go to park shoes.

8. WDW Traveler

WDW Traveler DIS Veteran

I have a couple of pairs of Teva sandals. Very comfortable for all day wear and the ones I have dry very quickly. I recently came across some Sketchers that I think I might want to try to next time (cheaper than Teva, but still cute and comfortable).

9. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

My DH wears Frye sandals to the parks. They are a little pricier than some, but I've been wearing the brand for ages and they hold up SO well! Apparently, the men's shoes do too. Cost per use, right?

I have narrow feet so I'm less help about women's shoes. We're going back next week to make up a horrible trip in August to the kids, and right now I have varying sandals, espadrilles, and even a pair of heels packed...by varying the shoes up, I've never had an issue with my feet hurting. Like a PP, the time I wore socks and sneakers I got terrible blisters, but like that poster, I also generally hate socks and tights and things on my feet. Changing shoes during the midday break is a huge help!

10. MantaRider

I'm really leaning towards getting some nice sandals, since I won't have to change shoes if it rains. I might try out some water resistant walking shoes too but that seems like a bit much