• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Hopping Ease / Order - Opinions greatly appreciated! (November 2022)

set88

Mouseketeer
I know there's no one right answer to this, but I would love some opinions on which you would personally do! I haven't been to Disney in a very long time, so I don't know what to expect as far as how long park hopping takes and how easy it is.

My current plan is EPCOT 11/14 and MK 11/15. I would like to see AK at night, and it looks like 11/14 is the best day to do this as AK closes a little later than the rest of the week at 8pm. I also have Space 220 reservations for a late dinner on 11/15.

So my schedule currently looks like this:

Monday 11/14 EPCOT - hopping to AK around 4 or 5pm.
Tuesday 11/15 MK - hopping to EPCOT around 5pm (will hopefully try to clear out before the masses at 6pm).

I was able to pick up a Space 220 reservation for lunch on 11/15, which could change things! We were leaning towards preferring dinner, but it is an awfully late dinner for us on what will be a very long day, so lunch is definitely worthwhile to consider. I'm currently trying to decide which reservation to keep.

Which would you do?

Monday EPCOT, hop to AK
Tuesday MK, hop to EPCOT and Space 220 dinner (original plan)

Monday MK, hop to AK
Tuesday EPCOT (either Space 220 lunch or dinner)

Is it easier hopping to AK from MK or EPCOT or does it not matter? Is it better to switch my park days around so I don't have to hop at all on my EPCOT day? I'm considering that not hopping on the EPCOT day gives us a better chance of getting the Guardians VQ. But I don't mind hopping as long as we're not likely to lose a ton of time waiting for transportation.

Bonus opinions on whether you'd drive or bus from All Stars (especially for park hopping) and whether Space 220 is better for lunch or dinner are also appreciated! Thank you in advance!!

I know there's no one right answer to this, but I would love some opinions on which you would personally do! I haven't been to Disney in a very long time, so I don't know what to expect as far as how long park hopping takes and how easy it is.

My current plan is EPCOT 11/14 and MK 11/15. I would like to see AK at night, and it looks like 11/14 is the best day to do this as AK closes a little later than the rest of the week at 8pm. I also have Space 220 reservations for a late dinner on 11/15.

So my schedule currently looks like this:

Monday 11/14 EPCOT - hopping to AK around 4 or 5pm.
Tuesday 11/15 MK - hopping to EPCOT around 5pm (will hopefully try to clear out before the masses at 6pm).

I was able to pick up a Space 220 reservation for lunch on 11/15, which could change things! We were leaning towards preferring dinner, but it is an awfully late dinner for us on what will be a very long day, so lunch is definitely worthwhile to consider. I'm currently trying to decide which reservation to keep.

Which would you do?

Monday EPCOT, hop to AK
Tuesday MK, hop to EPCOT and Space 220 dinner (original plan)

Monday MK, hop to AK
Tuesday EPCOT (either Space 220 lunch or dinner)

Is it easier hopping to AK from MK or EPCOT or does it not matter? Is it better to switch my park days around so I don't have to hop at all on my EPCOT day? I'm considering that not hopping on the EPCOT day gives us a better chance of getting the Guardians VQ. But I don't mind hopping as long as we're not likely to lose a ton of time waiting for transportation.

Bonus opinions on whether you'd drive or bus from All Stars (especially for park hopping) and whether Space 220 is better for lunch or dinner are also appreciated! Thank you in advance!!
So, I don't have any experience with dining at Space 220 but which meal time would you prefer? Are you ok with MK only being a half day? For me, a half day is never enough time. Getting to AK from MK or AK is about the same but from Epcot, you'll be a little bit closer but it's still just a bus ride away. We never drive to the parks even if we hop. I've found the buses to be pretty easy to navigate. They usually start running around 1:30p so keep that in mind. It will allow you more flexibility to give Epcot a full day so you can try for the VQ twice if need be or pay for the iLL$. It sounds like your new plan might be what you're leaning towards since dinner at Space would make for a long day for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter