Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Just confirming that you only need one reservation for the day you are at the/any park, not two (or more) reservations if you choose to park hop. E.g, I have a reservation for MK. I go in the morning, I want to bail to anywhere; I do not need a reservation for any other park I hop to...(but I have to wait until after 2:00). TIA

Just confirming that you only need one reservation for the day you are at the/any park, not two (or more) reservations if you choose to park hop. E.g, I have a reservation for MK. I go in the morning, I want to bail to anywhere; I do not need a reservation for any other park I hop to...(but I have to wait until after 2:00). TIA
Yes, you only need one.

Post 1 provides all current details you need to know about park hopping.

Yes, you only need one.

Post 1 provides all current details you need to know about park hopping.
I read that I need to tap in with the/an existing park reservation. I didn't read that I didn't need a second one. Sorry; I'm probably overthinking. I guess I have PTSD from all the changes. Thank you for your patience!

I read that I need to tap in with the/an existing park reservation. I didn't read that I didn't need a second one. Sorry; I'm probably overthinking. I guess I have PTSD from all the changes. Thank you for your patience!

Thanks! I have just updated the information in post 1 to clarify this based on your response. Thanks for helping to keep this post current and informative!

Going to get 2-day Park Tix. However, I'm thinking I may want to do 2 parks on my second day. It seems so expensive to park hop. Not sure if I should do it. If I decide to upgrade on my second day, how much would cost at the gate? Would be less since I'm only park hoping one day?

Going to get 2-day Park Tix. However, I'm thinking I may want to do 2 parks on my second day. It seems so expensive to park hop. Not sure if I should do it. If I decide to upgrade on my second day, how much would cost at the gate? Would be less since I'm only park hoping one day?
Sorry, the cost will be the same whether you hop one day or two.

I want to do an upcoming Sept or Oct 2023 trip. I don't mind reservations, but for park hopper, is it still 2 PM and if so, are there plans to do away with that? It's so late in the day if we only want to pop into a park for 1-2 things and leave. I can't stand the wait time on that.

They have not announced any plans to change it so any thoughts on it would be speculation. Is it a pain? Yes but I have learned to work around it. The good news is starting 2024 you won't need reservations if you buy date based tickets so I could speculate that without reservations there would be no reason to have the 2 pm hop time.

I'm not sure when the second park after 2pm time restriction will end I know park reservations will most likely be scrapped as long as it's a dated ticket in 2024.

I want to do an upcoming Sept or Oct 2023 trip. I don't mind reservations, but for park hopper, is it still 2 PM and if so, are there plans to do away with that? It's so late in the day if we only want to pop into a park for 1-2 things and leave. I can't stand the wait time on that.
There is no discussion of park hopping restriction of 2PM ending.
They have not announced any plans to change it so any thoughts on it would be speculation. Is it a pain? Yes but I have learned to work around it. The good news is starting 2024 you won't need reservations if you buy date based tickets so I could speculate that without reservations there would be no reason to have the 2 pm hop time.
I’m not sure this will be the case as currently there is no need for APs to have park reservations if they enter their first park at 2PM or later so even without park reservations required they are still tied to 2PM restriction.

I can see the 2PM restriction changing/going away at some point but to date we have no idea if/when that will happen.

There is no discussion of park hopping restriction of 2PM ending.

I’m not sure this will be the case as currently there is no need for APs to have park reservations if they enter their first park at 2PM or later so even without park reservations required they are still tied to 2PM restriction.

I can see the 2PM restriction changing/going away at some point but to date we have no idea if/when that will happen.
Looks like some wording on the website has been updated to include post Jan and 2pm is still included for park hopping.

A4D092BE-7AB6-49C0-B2C8-83B9398AE830.jpeg

After reading the wording about 2PM, how would hopper work with genie+ if 2PM stays? Now you can’t book a time before 2 for your second park, correct? But with no park reservations the system will let you book any time for a LL because it won’t know you’re going to a different park first. I actually don’t mind the 2PM rule, but was just thinking about this since I booked our trip for March. I don’t know if Disney will let people book LL that can’t be used. Although the system is confusing for a a lot of people who don’t research it as is so who knows if they’ll make it even more confusing or not.

After reading the wording about 2PM, how would hopper work with genie+ if 2PM stays? Now you can’t book a time before 2 for your second park, correct? But with no park reservations the system will let you book any time for a LL because it won’t know you’re going to a different park first. I actually don’t mind the 2PM rule, but was just thinking about this since I booked our trip for March. I don’t know if Disney will let people book LL that can’t be used. Although the system is confusing for a a lot of people who don’t research it as is so who knows if they’ll make it even more confusing or not.
If you have a non reservation ticket, you’d likely be able to book whatever you want at 7am. Just know that if it’s pre 2pm you gotta modify when you can if it’s at your second park. Once you enter your first park, you won’t be able to switch parks to use a LL.

I’m sure they’ll post more details when the time comes, but if not, this would have to be the best configuration.

Also, Disney did state they have G+ changes coming and I don’t think those have been announced yet, so stay tuned.

Thanks! I decided to just book an extra day and avoid park hopper. The 2 PM thing irritates me. LOL But I'd be willing to pay for park hopping anytime. I'm part of the problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter