Park hop AK and EP late August?

FourLeafClover

Earning My Ears
We are planning one full day @ MK and were planning one full day at AK (priorities - FOP at RD, safari, EE, Kali, Dino).

Now I am wondering if we should get park hoppers and go to Epcot for the afternoon or evening of our AK day?

Our planned AK day is Friday 8/25 (Halloween party at MK), with AK open 9-930 and Epcot 9-9.

For Epcot, my goal would be Soarin, Test Track, Agent P's Adventure (my kids love this Phineas and Ferb), and Illuminations. Possibly explore some countries if they are up for it.

We are a family of 6 (kids 13, 9, 9, 7) - first time visit for all but me (who hasn't been to these parks since 1999). We are staying offsite and driving to the parks.

Any thoughts or advice if this is doable, a good idea, etc.?

Thanks to all who keep providing such helpful advice as I try and plan this trip!

If you get there way earlier than rope drop and are way up front, your plan will work. If that is all you want to do at AK, you could be out of there by 10:30 or 11 and FP your Epcot rides. That is if all the stars align and everything goes as planned, and we know all about best laid plans. You could certainly be done by around 1. You aren't going to be able to FP both Soarin and TT so you probably want to FP Soarin and do stand by for TT.

I think you if you try for a 4th FP for Test Track as soon as you scan your last FP at AK, you can swing that. It might take a little refreshing. And then you honestly could probably get a 5th for Soarin'. And unless it's raining and Test Track is down, evening waits for Soarin' don't seem to be bad. One night it was a posted 35 minute wait, but when we got in there, it was a walk on.

I think your biggest risk there is that Test Track will be down if it's raining, and that is always a distinct possibility in the summer.

I don't know if it is worth the cost of the park hopper to hop only one night though. Also, check the hours for Agent P, because that closes early.

We like to do FW in the evening, because all the tier two attractions are pretty much walk ons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter