Parasailing at the Contemporary?

kid@heart

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done this? If so, can you tell me about it? Also, do you tip the boat crew after parasailing? We're doing this in June and were just wondering. In advance, THANKS!
:p :p :p

My DH did this about a year ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Since they weren't really busy they stayed out a little bit longer than usual which meant that my DH was airborne quite a while, He kept telling me I wouldn't believe what he saw up there. He wanted to do it again but we didn't have the time on that trip.

We did not tip the boat crew.

Denise (Will May ever get here?)

Hi! We did this while we were on the Deluxe Magic plan, during our wedding/honeymoon trip. It was really fun - not scary at all. My husband is not big on heights, and he even had a blast. We went up together. The view is really amazing. We got some great photos, and the crew kept one of our cameras and took a few pictures of us up there.
The only thing is that we kept swinging around up there, and I got pretty airsick. I was definitely glad to come down, because I was feeling quite ill from all the rocking. If you are at all susceptible to car or seasickness (I'm not, so this was weird!), you might want to take a Dramamine beforehand.
We did not tip the crew, either. They actually cut us a bit short, because there was a long line for it, so we didn't feel that a tip was necessary. Though, like I said, I was glad to come down when we did!
Cheers!
Heather W

I did this for my son's 18 birthday. His girlfriend was along, went ahead and paid for them both to tandem, is one of his favorite things we did. The view was incredible.

We did not tip the boat crew (never occurred to me, and probably wouldn't if it had). I do remember there was a charge if you wanted to go on the boat to watch and not go up.

TTNF
k

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter