Paranoid we will get sick...

MomOTwins

The Mommy Fairy
Our cruise is on Friday, and littlest one had a fever/cold yesterday. He is getting better quickly and will definitely not have the symptoms by the time of our cruise 5 days from now. But now I am nervous that someone else in our family will come down with the same cold after we fly down for the cruise and we will be denied boarding. I'm washing hands a million times a day, but you never know. We have the DCL trip insurance--does anyone have experience with this and how this works? Would we need to find a doctor in or Orlando to claim insurance? Or could we show up, be evaluated by the ships doctor, and if not cleared to travel submit a claim then?

Our cruise is on Friday, and littlest one had a fever/cold yesterday. He is getting better quickly and will definitely not have the symptoms by the time of our cruise 5 days from now. But now I am nervous that someone else in our family will come down with the same cold after we fly down for the cruise and we will be denied boarding. I'm washing hands a million times a day, but you never know. We have the DCL trip insurance--does anyone have experience with this and how this works? Would we need to find a doctor in or Orlando to claim insurance? Or could we show up, be evaluated by the ships doctor, and if not cleared to travel submit a claim then?
I can't answer your insurance questions, but will say that zinc lozenges can help resist oncoming colds. Zicam is great for this.

A cold in, of itself, will not keep you from boarding. The questions asked are if you've been to any area that has Ebola. And if anyone has a fever AND/OR sore throat, cough, runny nose, muscle aches or headaches. Typically a cold doesn't have a fever. You're also asked if anyone in the party (within the last 3 days) has had vomiting, or diarrhea.

Health_Questionnaire.jpg

The others have covered the requirements for boarding, and things to do to promote staying healthy. I have no clue about insurance usage as I've never had to use it.

BUT

THANK YOU for being concerned about spreading illness to others. FAR too many don't give a rat's patootie and will outright lie on the form to avoid being denied boarding. So THANK YOU for caring enough to ask!!

Hmm, yep, he did have a fever but it sounds like it is only an issue if he has a fever at embarkation so we can answer that truthfully no on the form for him. Hopefully if we do catch it, we will not also have a fever (he is very young so every cold prompts a fever for him, but not always for the adults). We are very rule conscious so will not be lying on the form, and we understand how serious the medical situation is, so won't try to get around it. Just trying to plan ahead for what we do need to do to abide by the rules if we do meet the criteria triggered in the form. I guess I will just have to call the DCL insurance if one of us sick this week and go from there... So nerve wracking though!

If in doubt answer questions and be evaluated by on-site medical team. I would want to specifically be denied boarding and have it in writing to present when claiming trip insurance.

Elderberry syrup for all, stat! The antioxidants can help you stay healthy. I find the best prices on it at supersupplements/vitaminshoppe.
I second this! Elderberry works wonders, and kids love it. Just make sure you never take it on an empty stomach, did that once, not good at all. Other than that, amazing stuff.

I second this! Elderberry works wonders, and kids love it. Just make sure you never take it on an empty stomach, did that once, not good at all. Other than that, amazing stuff.

Thanks for the tip! Actually, I came down with it this morning (no fever, just the cold symptoms). Never been so happy to be sick! His ran about 48 hours, so I am counting on this being done and past us by our cruise. Now fingers crossed, nobody else in our family gets it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter