• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Paradiso 37?

LeahA

DIS Veteran
We always eat at Earl of Sandwich when we go to DD, but on our last trip we passed Paradiso 37 and I was wondering how the food is? The menu looks so big that I get nervous thinking with such a big menu is anything good?

We really like Paradiso, I love their Jicama salad with the shrimp-it is delish and I have a tough time ordering anything else when we go there. My dh has had the steak and the salmon and it was very good as well (of course I had a taste). Dd is hooked on their quesidillas:-) We also enjoy their dipping trio. (...and I L O V E their margaritas!;-) Feel free to check out my review with photos:

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/paradiso-37-dining.htm

Our Ratings of Paradiso 37: (rev 2/17/2013)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: D
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: D
. . . eatery atmosphere: D
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n /a

NOTE: A major disappointment for an E-Brand chain
restaurant.Had great hopes, but the eatery does not
seem to improve. In fact, over the last year, seems to
have retreated. Additionally, the eatery is always much
too loud. Lunch was adequate; dinner seriously lacking.

Our Ratings of Paradiso 37: (rev 2/17/2013)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: D
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: D
. . . eatery atmosphere: D
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n /a

NOTE: A major disappointment for an E-Brand chain
restaurant.Had great hopes, but the eatery does not
seem to improve. In fact, over the last year, seems to
have retreated. Additionally, the eatery is always much
too loud. Lunch was adequate; dinner seriously lacking.

The Rusty Scupper-do you have a list of all your reviews somewhere? I would love to look at your ratings. What are your top picks for Disney?

We really like Paradiso, I love their Jicama salad with the shrimp-it is delish and I have a tough time ordering anything else when we go there. My dh has had the steak and the salmon and it was very good as well (of course I had a taste). Dd is hooked on their quesidillas:-) We also enjoy their dipping trio. (...and I L O V E their margaritas!;-) Feel free to check out my review with photos:

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/paradiso-37-dining.htm

Thanks for your review!

We tried Paradiso for first time and were not impressed. The look and ambience lured us in but the food just didn't meet up to par.

If your looking for something different to try p, how about Wolfgang Puck.Never had a bad meal there, we always enjoy it.

We always eat at Earl of Sandwich when we go to DD, but on our last trip we passed Paradiso 37 and I was wondering how the food is? The menu looks so big that I get nervous thinking with such a big menu is anything good?

We really enjoy Paradiso ... but we also like Bongos, which doesn't get great reviews here, and I don't think EoS is anything special yet most seem to love it.

DH and I like pretty much anything Mexican/Cuban/Spanish. If you like that cuisine, too, I would give it a try.

We tried Paradiso for first time and were not impressed. The look and ambience lured us in but the food just didn't meet up to par.

If your looking for something different to try p, how about Wolfgang Puck.Never had a bad meal there, we always enjoy it.

WPC was one of our favorites some years back BUT it was so bad last time we went, we haven't wanted to go back since...service was so bad the last time we were there that the table next to us who sat AFTER we did got up and walked out.::yes::...we were dumb enough to stick it out, I don't even remember how the food was we were so irritated (and dumb for not leaving ::yes::) and we had several excellent meals (as well as excellent service here prior to that), but after that found Paradiso and it replaced WPC to be our DTD fav...)...;)

We like Paradiso. One thing we would change is we could get a steak w/o having to order the prix fix meal. DS loves the steak but doesnt want the other courses! There is a ton of choices on the menu but we have liked everything we have ordered. This is one of our fav places especially for apps and drinks!

I went there for my birthday dinner 2 years ago. I thought the food was good, but nothing to write home about. I made the reservation based solely on the fact that the pricing and menu would appeal to everyone in our group (7 people). What I didn't know was how LOUD the restaurant is. They have live music and they really crank up the volume on the speakers. This might have been OK if I had been dining with just one or two other people, but there was no way our table could have any kind of conversation. It was a bit of a disappointment. If you are into live music and don't mind the noise, it's probably great. Otherwise, I'd steer clear.

We went to Paradiso 37 last fall. I liked the atmosphere, but we didn't care for the food and would never go back.

We really enjoy Paradiso ... but we also like Bongos, which doesn't get great reviews here, and I don't think EoS is anything special yet most seem to love it.

DH and I like pretty much anything Mexican/Cuban/Spanish. If you like that cuisine, too, I would give it a try.

I agree! We ate there for lunch last Feb (2012) on the DxDDP with my 3 1/2 y/o grandson. He got a child's plate that had several mini corn dogs, plus a hot dog, mac and cheese and french fries. He didn't eat it all of course, but made big dent in it. In fact, it and T Rex were his two favorite meals. My husband got some really good guacamole and pork chop lollipops that he loved and I got some kind of seafood fritters, then the surf and turf with steak and shrimp. None of us cleaned our plates, but were still stuffed (and my husband and I are both big eaters). We still ordered the ice cream cones for dessert though.

We go, but just for appetizers and a cocktail. Its decent but expensive for what you get (even with TiW). I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here but if you have the time and are wandering by, then go for it.

With so many individuals on the board, there is no way you should take on any opinions, instead create your own. Some will claim to love it. Some will claim to hate it. To some service stinks. To some it's great. My girlfriend and I try different restaurants every year we go. That's the only way to know for sure. Give Everything A Shot!! :-)

WPC was one of our favorites some years back BUT it was so bad last time we went, we haven't wanted to go back since...service was so bad the last time we were there that the table next to us who sat AFTER we did got up and walked out.::yes::...we were dumb enough to stick it out, I don't even remember how the food was we were so irritated (and dumb for not leaving ::yes::) and we had several excellent meals (as well as excellent service here prior to that), but after that found Paradiso and it replaced WPC to be our DTD fav...)...;)

I agree WPC was our always must do for 10 years. Last year we were not happy with the service, new menu or food

With so many individuals on the board, there is no way you should take on any opinions, instead create your own. Some will claim to love it. Some will claim to hate it. To some service stinks. To some it's great. My girlfriend and I try different restaurants every year we go. That's the only way to know for sure. Give Everything A Shot!! :-)

I know, I like to ask, but in the end we usually make our own decisions. It's just like the resort board, there is so much love for some resorts, and so much hate for others.

I know, I like to ask, but in the end we usually make our own decisions. It's just like the resort board, there is so much love for some resorts, and so much hate for others.

Totally agree. Until you stay at a place you can't know sure. Plus certain elements in a resort/restaurant hold more to each individual.
Good Luck. Have a magical trip!

Absolutely agreed!:thumbsup2 Not only are everyone's opinions different BUT even when you go to the same place one day and it's great, the very next day it could be "not" so great.

There are so many variables involved, like chefs, cooks, mgrs and especially servers that are on duty that can change your experience drastically in a day. However that being said there are some places that have certain elements that some like and some do not which can make or break a good experience.:thumbsup2 (type of food, loud music, too quiet of an atmosphere, too loud of an atmosphere, etc)

I love writing reviews about our dining experiences at Disney because I love to help others get familiar with a place they may want to dine at and if we don't have a good experience it is in no way meant to deter anyone from trying it.

As a matter a fact when we have a bad experience we do try to return especially if it is our 1st visit to that restaurant (although we may take some time away from that place)...we hadn't returned to WPC because we ended up at Paradiso PLUS we had gone to WPC many times before that. If we are staying near DTD and find ourselves there more than 1 night we will try something different.:thumbsup2

Like you said if it's something you want to try, TRY IT!! (can't agree more):thumbsup2

I ate dinner at Paradiso 37 in February 2012. I ordered the Argentinean skirt steak, and it was one of the best steaks I've ever had! I also like the variety of tequila available. I would definitely eat here again, but it's not a must-do on every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter