Paradise Pier park entry?

poptart90

DIS Veteran
Met up with a friend before we left who was staying at Paradise Pier. When I asked how she entered the park she said she crossed the street and came in through the Grand. She said security at the Grand didn’t care as long as you were a Disney Resort hotel guest. Can anyone confirm this is standard procedure now? I thought I read (but it might have been before all the new DTD security measures) that no Disney guests of other hotels were allowed to enter the Grand and access either DTD or DCA. If it’s changed, it’d be a huge plus to staying at Paradise Pier!😁

Met up with a friend before we left who was staying at Paradise Pier. When I asked how she entered the park she said she crossed the street and came in through the Grand. She said security at the Grand didn’t care as long as you were a Disney Resort hotel guest. Can anyone confirm this is standard procedure now? I thought I read (but it might have been before all the new DTD security measures) that no Disney guests of other hotels were allowed to enter the Grand and access either DTD or DCA. If it’s changed, it’d be a huge plus to staying at Paradise Pier!😁

It's not. Your friend got lucky.

Unless they have changed it very recently, you have to walk through downtown Disney to get into the park. The Grand entrance is only for guests at that hotel. They have to get some kind of value for pending 700 bucks a night!!

Exactly! That’s why I thought I’d ask...and to be more clear, it was four people total (my friend, her son, her friend, and her son) and they’ve crossed the street and entered in & out through the Grand multiple times a day since Sunday!

So is this a policy change, or just because the parks and hotels are so dead?

I just wouldn’t want anyone to book the Pier thinking this was a “perk” if it actually wasn’t.

Depending on how busy it is, they may or may not have a guard at the gate. When the security person is there, you must be a guest of the GCH. If no one is minding the gate, people have been seen entering with employees. There is a keyed gate that you need a key or badge to use. If you don't have one, you can't get thru. There is a button to buzz for those with reservations, and once they confirm your reservation, they will buzz you thru.

36458653_10216785665737545_1152837250233401344_n.jpg

36428616_10216785667017577_7193884364680200192_n.jpg

So is this a policy change, or just because the parks and hotels are so dead?

Same policy in still in effect...since installing the gate on the pedestrian walkway, they will now not always staff the Security Officer that is traditionally on the corner directing people away and through DTD.

While you may occasionally get through, you can nit count on that being an option all the time. As others said, while not totally unique...your friends got lucky.

Same policy in still in effect...since installing the gate on the pedestrian walkway, they will now not always staff the Security Officer that is traditionally on the corner directing people away and through DTD.

While you may occasionally get through, you can nit count on that being an option all the time. As others said, while not totally unique...your friends got lucky.

Thank you! And as they are staying until Friday, I’ll continue update if they are able to access the Grand through the rest of the trip.

As stated by many, the policy is GCH hotel guests only or if you have a reservation for dining they will allow you to enter, but from personal experience we have entered that way as well, but it was later in the day, not during early morning hours and I would consider it sheer luck and not something I do or would count on.

To be honest we we had breakfast at donalds breakfast we cut through the grand to get there, but we knew we could t do it coming back. But for observations sake, the “locked gate” wasn’t locked and there wasn’t a guard there. The door shut but didn’t lock.

We are visiting in September and ould like to check out the new bar at the Grand. We are staying at the Hilton. Will they let us through if it later in the day? Or will we have to walk all the way around? Just curious. Thanks!

Wow, this is fascinating. Can someone clarify where this gate is located and where it lets out? I apologize for my ignorance, but it sounds like this isn't the gate at the GCH that exits into the Grizzly area of DCA. Thanks.

Wow, this is fascinating. Can someone clarify where this gate is located and where it lets out? I apologize for my ignorance, but it sounds like this isn't the gate at the GCH that exits into the Grizzly area of DCA. Thanks.

No it’s a gate at the front entrance to the grand hotel, on the side walk you need to follow out of the grand to cross to the street toward paradise pier.

For the gate from the Grand Californian into DCA, the posted sign will say to have your ticket and room key out. Last time we were there (October 2018), in the morning, they always asked if you didn't have your room key out.

Depending on how busy it is, they may or may not have a guard at the gate. When the security person is there, you must be a guest of the GCH. If no one is minding the gate, people have been seen entering with employees. There is a keyed gate that you need a key or badge to use. If you don't have one, you can't get thru. There is a button to buzz for those with reservations, and once they confirm your reservation, they will buzz you thru.

We had a reservation at Napa Rose and approached the gate intending to do it "right." We pushed the buzzer and waited. And waited. And pushed it again. And waited. Then we just followed an employee inside. It seems very unpredictable as to what will happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter