Paper(less) Cruising

Andasibe

Earning My Ears
I really am trying to make an effort to be paper(less) in my life. I know that I need the bar code for port arrival and to expedite the check-in process, but can I show the bar code on an electronic device?

I really am trying to make an effort to be paper(less) in my life. I know that I need the bar code for port arrival and to expedite the check-in process, but can I show the bar code on an electronic device?

We sailed out of Port Canaveral 3 weeks ago and we had to show the paper to get into the port parking area along with ID. Then we had to show it again at the building entrance. I think its just quicker for the employees. The paper has the names of all the people sailing in the cabin. My guess is its much faster to have the sheet of paper and Identification in hand to show, then scrolling on a smartphone for bar code and then all the names in the party. Especially when the lines start to form.

We needed it to park at the pier in Vancouver, BC, too. There were no people at the gate, just a scanner. Also needed the DCL paper when signing in the terminal. Maybe in a couple of years we can go paperless, who knows?

Going beyond your question, You can ask your stateroom host to not leave any navigators, etc during your stay as well. Unfortunately only Port Everglades is accepting the Mobile Passport Control, so I hope they expand it.

I have gone to Port Canaveral without any of my paperwork for a cruise before. I left it all at home on accident. They can use just your passport/ID at the guard stations but they prefer you have either the printout or your cruise book. It is possible to cruise without any of the paper though.

With the recent redesign of the Port Arrival Form, it's been reduced to a single page now, so that's about as minimal as you can get, and once you check in for your cruise you can discard the form if DCL doesn't take it. Just be sure you have the proper documentation (passports and ID's) as well as the PAF so you can get checked in, once that happens you can go completely paper free! Have a Magical Cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter