Pan Pacific Hotel - Vanvouver, BC

Disneykidsdad

Mouseketeer
We just booked our Alaskan cruise with Disney Cruise Line for July, 2013. Because we will be flying in from NJ, we are planning on flying in the day before the cruise. We will be traveling with our daughter who is in a wheelchair and has a service dog. Will we be able to get a taxi with a wheelchair ramp or lift to take us from the airport to the hotel? We are looking at the Pan Pacific Hotel. Is that at the cruise terminal where the Disney Wonder will dock? Can someone tell me anything about the hotel? I know our cruise is a long way off but I'm a planner.

We did Alaska with DCL last August and loved it. And yes, the Pan Pacific is where the Wonder will mostly dock again (that is where it docked last summer). The hotel is beautiful (walked through the lobby). We spent 4 days prior to our cruise in Vancouver but stayed in Burnby....we took the train in each day which was not bad but I think next time I would spring for the Pan Pacific or the hotel right across the street (can't remember the name) soley for conveninece. At the Pan Pacific you can just go downstairs and be in the cruise terminal.

Sorry I can't help with the taxi question but try calling the Concierge at the hotel and asking for companies that could provide that service for you.

MJ

We stayed at the Pan Pacific for 3 nights before our Alaska cruise last August. It's a terrific hotel in an excellent location. They even brought our bags directly to the ship the morning we checked out. They ran a special pay in advance booking early in 2011 that got us a huge room with tremendous views for an amazing price, including breakfast, and we found the concierge team incredibly good in helping us pick restaurants, deal with public transportation and providing walking routes and maps. I'm sure they can arrange for appropriate transport for you all from the airport to the hotel.

Also, wanted to ask what airline you plan on flying....we did alot of research and went with Cathay Pacific out of JFK to YVR, direct flights, nice large plane and friendly staff. We paid about $521 pp which was much cheaper (at the time) then Continental out of Newark. I am a onepass member and hate flying other than Continental but Cathy Pacific had the best price for a direct flight on the days we wanted.

MJ

I think next time I would spring for the Pan Pacific or the hotel right across the street (can't remember the name) soley for conveninece. At the Pan Pacific you can just go downstairs and be in the cruise terminal.

MJ

The hotel across the street was the Fairmont Waterfront. I would consider either as right at the port. In the Vancouver thread, they said this hotel also took the luggage over to the port for you.

Pan Pacific is very modern in design and furnishings.
Fairmont Waterfront seemed more elegant and traditional. That is where we would stay. Great location for getting to the port for both.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific last year and plan to do so again the next time we do Alaska with DCL [hopefully in 2014]. Thanks to information provided in the thread devoted to Vancouver we were able to book it through Hotwire at around $135 a night, which was an incredible rate for the service we received. It was very convenient for boarding day and the conciergeinsisted on store our luggage for us the day we got off the ship since we didn't have to go to the airport hotel until later that day. We stayed one night at the Wall Center our first night in town, and that was also a very nice hotel, but further away from the port area.

Also, wanted to ask what airline you plan on flying....we did alot of research and went with Cathay Pacific out of JFK to YVR, direct flights, nice large plane and friendly staff. We paid about $521 pp which was much cheaper (at the time) then Continental out of Newark. I am a onepass member and hate flying other than Continental but Cathy Pacific had the best price for a direct flight on the days we wanted.

MJ

Not sure what airline we will be using yet as it is way to early to even see fares that far in advance. I am keeping a record of all this great info I am getting. I have never heard of Cathay Pacific. I'll have to check into them, thanx.

We just booked our Alaskan cruise with Disney Cruise Line for July, 2013. Because we will be flying in from NJ, we are planning on flying in the day before the cruise. We will be traveling with our daughter who is in a wheelchair and has a service dog. Will we be able to get a taxi with a wheelchair ramp or lift to take us from the airport to the hotel? We are looking at the Pan Pacific Hotel. Is that at the cruise terminal where the Disney Wonder will dock? Can someone tell me anything about the hotel? I know our cruise is a long way off but I'm a planner.

I live outside Seattle, and I frequently travel to Vancouver in my wheelchair. If you can afford it, the Pan Pacific is an excellent choice--you can easily get from the airport (YVR) to the hotel; they always have wheelchair cabs. The hotel is the cruise dock, so you are already there for your cruise. The hotel is beautiful--but expensive.

You will also have no trouble if you fly into Sea-Tac, just make arrangements first. The QuickShuttle (http://www.quickcoach.com) has a wheelchair lift and will take you directly from the Sea-Tac airport to the Pan Pacific Hotel in Vancouver. You need to call to make sure they have a lift, but they are VERY reliable and my preferred method of transportation from the Seattle area to Vancouver. I don't like taking Amtrak in my wheelchair, for a lot of reasons.

Make sure you have all of the appropriate medical paperwork and information for the service dog. You don't want to have problems at the border.

Almost all public busses in Vancouver have lifts, and the city is very wheelchair-friendly. You may have trouble in Skagway, however, as the only accessible excursion is the White Pass Railway, and I would book it as soon as you can (don't wait for Disney):

http://www.wpyr.com/

They make a big deal about boarding at the dock, but the real truth is that the only difference is that you board from the front end of the train (the station) instead of the rear end of the train (the dock), and you have to check in at the station. It's the exact same train.

Make your reservations for the second train (in case you're delayed), but try to catch the first train out--we were told that we would have to split up the family, with one person riding with me. However, there's no charge for changing to the earlier train, and there were no wheelchair riders on the early train, so they put my whole family in with me, and we had the whole car to ourselves! It's a great excursion.

Have a wonderful cruise! I took last year's cruise, and I'll be taking the cruise this year from Seattle to Vancouver.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific and loved it. My Mom uses a wheelchair and we had no problem with the taxis. It was so easy to get to the Wonder . It is basically a ride down the elevator. The hotel will also ring your luggage for you to the dock. There are many restaurants you can walk too.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific before our Wonder cruise last Aug. I have just a few things to add...book and PAY for your stay at the Pan before you go. We had friends who didn't do that and were charged a rate exchange fee on their credit card, added quite a bit to their stay. There is an underground tunnel that will take you to a food court if you are looking for a cheaper option than the hotel restaurant. There is also a nice deck beside the restaurant to go outside and watch the Wonder pull into the port. I was in awe of the beautiful scenery at the hotel and mentioned to the woman how gorgeous the mountains were. Next thing you know-they upgraded us to a 1 bedroom suite with a bathroom larger than our cabin on the Wonder. We highly recommend the Pan Pacific.

I live outside Seattle, and I frequently travel to Vancouver in my wheelchair. If you can afford it, the Pan Pacific is an excellent choice--you can easily get from the airport (YVR) to the hotel; they always have wheelchair cabs. The hotel is the cruise dock, so you are already there for your cruise. The hotel is beautiful--but expensive.

You will also have no trouble if you fly into Sea-Tac, just make arrangements first. The QuickShuttle (http://www.quickcoach.com) has a wheelchair lift and will take you directly from the Sea-Tac airport to the Pan Pacific Hotel in Vancouver. You need to call to make sure they have a lift, but they are VERY reliable and my preferred method of transportation from the Seattle area to Vancouver. I don't like taking Amtrak in my wheelchair, for a lot of reasons.

Make sure you have all of the appropriate medical paperwork and information for the service dog. You don't want to have problems at the border.

Almost all public busses in Vancouver have lifts, and the city is very wheelchair-friendly. You may have trouble in Skagway, however, as the only accessible excursion is the White Pass Railway, and I would book it as soon as you can (don't wait for Disney):

http://www.wpyr.com/

They make a big deal about boarding at the dock, but the real truth is that the only difference is that you board from the front end of the train (the station) instead of the rear end of the train (the dock), and you have to check in at the station. It's the exact same train.

Make your reservations for the second train (in case you're delayed), but try to catch the first train out--we were told that we would have to split up the family, with one person riding with me. However, there's no charge for changing to the earlier train, and there were no wheelchair riders on the early train, so they put my whole family in with me, and we had the whole car to ourselves! It's a great excursion.

Have a wonderful cruise! I took last year's cruise, and I'll be taking the cruise this year from Seattle to Vancouver.

One more thing I forgot to mention--I would call to make sure there hasn't been a change in policy, but as of the last time I stayed at the airport, the Holiday Inn Express at Sea-Tac has a wheelchair lift on its shuttle.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific for 4 nights and loved it. We booked right when the dates became available... I want to say around 9 months prior? And the AAA rate was REALLY good... $149 a night I believe... I think it was kind of a glitch or something because I called back a couple weeks later because we were thinking of upgrading to waterfront, and the rate had jumped up... So I'd call regularly and see what kind of rate you can get when they start taking bookings for your dates... You can always book and then if you get a great deal through Hotwire or something you can cancel. We loved that they took our luggage right from our room, and we did not see it again until we were in our stateroom. :goodvibes

... Can someone tell me anything about the hotel? I know our cruise is a long way off but I'm a planner.

We stayed there before our Alaskan DCL cruise last May. We loved it (the hotel and the cruise hehe). The hotel is wonderful and you could not do better for convenience. You literally take the elevator to the parking garage, go through the garage and directly into the Port. It was incredible. The hotel is gorgeous, incredible service and did I mention convenient? We got an incredible deal: $124 via HotWire 10 days prior to arrival.

Our only gripe was that we took a red-eye and hoped for early check-in. When we arrived, they said they'd try to get us in a little early if they could. They didn't. We went to the food court that someone mentioned above and worked hard not to fall asleep. Not a huge biggie, but truly the only negative thing I can say at all about our experience -- but we were the one's who picked the red-eye. :goodvibes :upsidedow :faint:

Not sure what you would like to know, but if you have any specific questions, just ask and I'll see what I can do to help out with answers.

- Dreams

I just tried both hotels for July 2013 and nothing is available for either. Can that be right or is it just too early to book.

I just tried both hotels for July 2013 and nothing is available for either. Can that be right or is it just too early to book.

It's probably too early to book, and better deals will be available closer in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter