• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Palo & Remy Reviews

Interesting perspective. I might quibble with the question of access to locally sourced seafood, since the ship does actually stop at lots of ports with fresh seafood. But your contribution is a good one. I'd hope they buy what is local at each port they stop at and not just rely on what they can buy in bulk at their home port.

i didn't see them take on any supplies when in port. we asked one of the servers and she said the ship only restocked in home port - guess it helps maintain quality standards and reduces risk of foodborne illness.

we had dinner at Palo and almost everything was excellent - appetizers, desserts, suggested wine (the 2nd cheapest red on the list), and wife's entree (lamb). my steak (filet) was very tender and cooked perfectly, but under-salted and tasted a bit bland, so it was only "good", but everything else was excellent. going to try to go there twice next time.

Interesting perspective. I might quibble with the question of access to locally sourced seafood, since the ship does actually stop at lots of ports with fresh seafood. But your contribution is a good one. I'd hope they buy what is local at each port they stop at and not just rely on what they can buy in bulk at their home port.

Yes we were on an Alaskan cruise last Summer and I would have expected that would have fresh salmon on board, but they did not. Some of the best Dungeness Crab I have eaten was at a very modest restaurant. They just sourced fresh crab and steamed it. No chef in the kitchen from some fancy culinary school needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter