Palo dinner dress code?

Capris used to be on the "do not wear" list for Palo. They are no longer on it. Personally, I don't think capris are dressier than jeans, I put them pretty much in the same level. Not dressy, just sporty.

Thanks. I think there are some capris that are dressier than jeans.

I will try to dress “California Grill” appropriate - if I get in. This is my first cruise, so I can’t make reservations until 75 days out......

Thanks. I think there are some capris that are dressier than jeans.

I will try to dress “California Grill” appropriate - if I get in. This is my first cruise, so I can’t make reservations until 75 days out......

Ate there last Saturday and people were dressed in t-shirts, jeans, and spirit jerseys. So, yeah...

Anyone remember the "good old days" of cruising when sharing tables, dressing for dinner, and good manners were the norm.

Yep! My first cruise was when I was in 6th grade. We cruised on the Emerald Seas and had a porthole cabin with the traditional tiny porthole. Twin beds that did not push together with bunks above them that folded from the wall. There was never a question of not dressing for dinner! We shared a table with a family who had a daughter in between my sister and my ages, and I think we might have been the only children on the ship - we were treated like royal little princesses (the captain even brought a list of possible movies for us to choose and they opened the “theater” just for us).

We also still joke about not leaving dirty clothes on the bed - the first night we had all changed for dinner, and our dad left his socks on the bed. When we got back my mom’s bed, my sister’s bed, and my bed were all turned down, but my dad’s was left intact with his dirty socks on it. HAHA!! We still ask when leaving the cabin for the evening show and dinner “Did you take your dirty socks off the bed?”

FWIW, at Palo on our last DCL cruise in August most of the men were wearing dress shirts/ties or polo shirts. No jackets to be seen, at least that I noticed. Most of the ladies were in dresses or skirts. There was one lady in white capris with silver sandals and a little white jacket; she had her hair up and she looked really nice. There were jeans all around, but mostly nice/pressed ones. There was one party wearing kind of grotty jeans and uncollared shirts and flip flops. They looked -- and seemed to feel -- out of place.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter