Palo Brunch

Perrypooh

Mouseketeer
What do the Different table clothes mean at Palo, I saw on one vlog on the Fantasy day 3, it was a red table cloth and on day 6 another vlogger had a brown table cloth for the buffets. Both were on the same ship and eastern sailing. Does this mean the items have changed or something elese? If I want the food with the red table cloth, I have to make sure I get that day or can I request the items that aren't on the buffet.

We've brunched at Palo many times and there's never been a (discernible) difference in the food that's available. Perhaps it's as simple as the next "allowed" color table cloth in the closet!

If they're doing away with Cabanas buffet, what makes us think that they'll continue the Palo Brunch buffet??? That's a question I've been pondering since the changes have been announced over the virus.

If they're doing away with Cabanas buffet, what makes us think that they'll continue the Palo Brunch buffet??? That's a question I've been pondering since the changes have been announced over the virus.

It would probably be easier to keep the Palo brunch buffet since it requires less crew to staff and there is a greatly reduced amount of people eating at it any given time. It could as simple as have a queue that you stand in, socially distanced, as the person in front of you goes through the buffet. Once they are clear, the next person approaches. They could also reduce the amount of tables available for any given time slot and increase the gap in the slots to keep the crowds down. With the smaller crowds, it is easier to manage such requirements.

It would probably be easier to keep the Palo brunch buffet since it requires less crew to staff and there is a greatly reduced amount of people eating at it any given time. It could as simple as have a queue that you stand in, socially distanced, as the person in front of you goes through the buffet. Once they are clear, the next person approaches. They could also reduce the amount of tables available for any given time slot and increase the gap in the slots to keep the crowds down. With the smaller crowds, it is easier to manage such requirements.
If you mean a queue with Crew serving the food from the "buffet", maybe, but self service even in a "reduced" capacity situation just isn't going to happen, they're going to remove any chance of contact spread from utensils being used by guests. But we'll see. I don't have a lot of hope it will remain in any way the same as it was before CoVid-19.

If you mean a queue with Crew serving the food from the "buffet", maybe, but self service even in a "reduced" capacity situation just isn't going to happen, they're going to remove any chance of contact spread from utensils being used by guests. But we'll see. I don't have a lot of hope it will remain in any way the same as it was before CoVid-19.

That was my intended message, yes. Crew would staff the buffet, hence less crew being required to staff it.

I love the Palo buffet and can't wait to board a ship to enjoy it again. I'm picturing the new buffet as a very high-end Army chow line which I have decades of dining experiences. :thumbsup2

Another question
If you can't reserve your Palo brunch time, can you request a day if you know what food items are at the buffet. For Instance if I was on the Fantasy eastern and the food I want isn't on Sea day 1 or 3, but they are serving it on sea day 2? Does anyone know the menu buffet rotation for the Fantasy western?

We've brunched at Palo many times and there's never been a (discernible) difference in the food that's available. Perhaps it's as simple as the next "allowed" color table cloth in the closet!
I have noticed in vlogs they are different, for instace, On Michael Kay's vlog he went Sea Day 2 on the Fantasy eastern and had a different buffet then what Legglife had on the same cruise on Sea day 3. I have also seen another youtuber post the same cruise and the food was different on Sea day 1 then 2 and 3. I have the western and want to make sure my Brunch has the big bowl of shrimp.

I suspect it’s just a matter of which tablecloths are clean. Especially if they have brunch multiple days in a row.

In terms of brunch after cruising resumes, I assume they will just have staff to serve you. That’s what happened on the WBPC.

I agree with TestingH2O, they'll probably handle it the same as they do when there's Noro onboard. Guests still go to the tables, but indicate to CM stationed there what items to put on the plate.

Last edited:
I have noticed in vlogs they are different, for instace, On Michael Kay's vlog he went Sea Day 2 on the Fantasy eastern and had a different buffet then what Legglife had on the same cruise on Sea day 3. I have also seen another youtuber post the same cruise and the food was different on Sea day 1 then 2 and 3. I have the western and want to make sure my Brunch has the big bowl of shrimp.

can you send me links and I will try to help you identify? I know there is a big bowl of shrimp at the lunch buffet on day 1, but I have never seen one at Palo. They usually have individual shrimps in tiny glasses. Like a previous poster mentioned, I have found the Palo brunch to not change much if at all from day to day or cruise to cruise - other than the very occasional menu change.

can you send me links and I will try to help you identify? I know there is a big bowl of shrimp at the lunch buffet on day 1, but I have never seen one at Palo. They usually have individual shrimps in tiny glasses. Like a previous poster mentioned, I have found the Palo brunch to not change much if at all from day to day or cruise to cruise - other than the very occasional menu change.

Legglife -No big bowl of shrimp+Brie cheese+brown table cloth
Michael Kay - big bowl of shrimp+Brie cheese+red table cloth
Lisa-No big bowl of shrimp+Brie cheese+brown table cloth

Different items For Legglife and Lisa and not Michael

All 3 are Palo brunch but I can't find the big bowl of shrimp you're talking about. If it's there I'm guessing it's by the crab legs? I don't remember seeing it but there is always shrimp there, don't worry about the day you'll be fine! There are also plenty of other opportunities on ship to eat shrimp including the buffet on embarkation day.

Last edited:
We've had brunch on the Dream, Fantasy, and Magic. There were variations in each of the meals. I would assume its more what they have available on the ship/what they were able to get for brunch service and less of an intentional thing where its specific food based on the table cloth colors. That is most likely based on what the laundry provides.

I'll have to ask next time I'm on board.

Interesting. As you can see from my list, 8 of our 9 cruises have been on Wonder, with the other 1 on Magic. So maybe they don't change the offerings on the smaller ships but do on the larger ones? I do remember that on Magic they didn't have the warm, sticky, delicious, amazing caramel coated cinnamon buns of awesomeness. Which was disappointing. 🙃

Outside of that, kudos for even noticing the table cloth colors... It never occurred to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!