Palo Brunch Reservations on Embarkation Day....

DisneySunPrincess

Mouseketeer
So....without trying to make this a big BOO HOO :sad:...because I know that 10,000 people lost their vacations during the Hurricane Irma mess, I am prefacing this by saying, YES, I know that was the risk I took when booking in Hurricane season, especially as a Floridian. That being said, my teenage son is really the one who got the short end of the stick. He was looking forward to his last trip to Vibe before he turned 18 and that was destroyed when Irma blew through and our cruise was cancelled. :headache: We are re-booked for mid-December and he will be 18 by the time we sail, as his birthday is October 3rd. Now that I have written a novel, the basic jist here is, the thing I told him he could now do is Palo brunch and even as Castaway Club Silver, there are no available spaces for brunch. Can anyone tell me (with an early PAT of 10:45-11 am) if they have had any problem getting Palo brunch reservations made for 3 people when they boarded on Embarkation day? Or does anyone know if they add more openings just in time for the first time cruisers to book at 75 days?
Thanks much!

Last edited:
Check between now and then as there may be cancellations. If not, upon arriving at the terminal check the Navigator for the location to make Palo reservations and be there as soon as it opens. They do hold some back, and as you have multiple days at sea, I would be hopeful.

I don't think that Palo is open for brunch on embarkation day, just dinner. If there is nothing available at Palo for brunch prior to the three days before your cruise, then you will have to go to the Palo dining location to try and get in. On the Wonder, it was held in the Promenade Lounge.

I don't think that Palo is open for brunch on embarkation day, just dinner. If there is nothing available at Palo for brunch prior to the three days before your cruise, then you will have to go to the Palo dining location to try and get in. On the Wonder, it was held in the Promenade Lounge.
OP was asking about making Palo brunch reservations on embarkation day, not doing Palo brunch.

we've never been shut out of getting a brunch ressie for 2 or 3 of us on boarding day. But it has been close (one of the last ressies).

Good Luck!!

And try for brunch vs. dinner. Your son will love it. ::yes:: (you mean ALL OF THAT FOOD is for ME!!!!!)

Just wanted to say that I totally get where you are coming from. We have a cruise booked next August right before my daughter turns 18. She wants to be in Vibe one more time! It would devastate her for any cancellations. Fingers crossed for a better weather season for all next year (and the rest of this year too).

As others have said keep checking. Also if you can book for 2 do that. It's easier to add people. But with that said it should be no problem booking the day you board. They usually start taking reservations at 1:00. They will have a place set up for dining changes (usually one of the restaurants) it will be listed in the Navigator. Or go directly to Polo.

I read it the same way.

We also have been able to make Palo reservation upon embarkation....never been shut out (several cruises).

MJ

I have always been able to get brunch Reservations when we boarded the ship. Tell you son there is an "1820" program. It is listed in the Navigators- Informal Gatherings for young adults 18, 19 & 20 years old

I have always been able to get brunch Reservations when we boarded the ship. Tell you son there is an "1820" program. It is listed in the Navigators- Informal Gatherings for young adults 18, 19 & 20 years old

AND that his going to the first meeting is super important as that is when things are planned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter