Pal Mickey .. Is he worth getting?

We participated in a swap last month and thought he really spiced up our trip a bit. It was a mother/daughter trip and my 7 yo dd loved him while waiting in line, and learned a few new things. We have been to WDW many times but Pal Mickey made this trip a little different.

He really made the July-waiting-in-line easy!

My nieces (4 and 7 YO at the time) totally fell in love with Pal Mickey. Their parents rented him for one day as a special treat. When I saw how much the girls enjoyed him, I decided to rent him for one more day for them. :D Definitely worth every penny to watch how thrilled they were to have his company. :hug:

Can I please ask what is pal mickey? :o At first I thought it was a doll or something but then it was mentioned that he was rented, so now Im confused.. :p

bettyann29, it's a stuffed Mickey. But it's special because it talks. It will occasionally start to vibrate when it's going to talk. It may tell the child a joke. Or it may say something about a nearby attraction (must have a sensor inside). You can buy them outright (about $30 or so, if I remember correctly). Or you can rent them to use temporarily. We rented one on Main St. in MK, and the other at International Gateway in Epcot.

Pal Mickey costs $60 I bought one for my 17 year old DD on our latest trip. She loved him. If you are not in the parks you can play games with him which he will continue to play at home.

Ohhhhh... How cool!! Now I have to budget one of these in!! :p My youngest will be 8 when we go and she is sure to love one of these.. I've never heard of them before.. I will make sure I write it down and keep eye out for these.. Thanks for the heads up!!;)

We love our Pal Mickey!!! DW got one for "the kids" ;) but we use it all the time. He tells really corny jokes and gives tips about the park. We found him really useful in the Animal Kingdom. He also has games like Mickey Sez, and which park has which attraction. He cost $60 although I think you can rent him for $8 a day to try him out. Some people don't like to carry extra weight. I just hooked him on my pin lanyard and have no problem.

I am going for 10 days so renting him would cost more than just buying him... Hmmm I just may buy one.

Thought you might be interested in hearing another opinion. First off, let me say that we don't have children. There was a group of 6 of us (all adults) in Dec. and my sister rented Pal Mickey for the day. By end of the night she was ready to give him back!! While he does tell corny jokes and even some information about the parks and attractions (we were in AK that day) he seemed to be more trouble than he was worth. First off, you want to clip him to your side so that you can feel him vibrate (that means he's getting ready to say something) then, you have to unclip Mickey and hold him up to your ear because he's pretty quiet. Sometimes you'd miss what he was saying so you could press his hand or something and he would repeat. Many times after all that trouble, it was just to tell us a corny joke. :rolleyes:

I would recomend renting first, I think they apply the price of rental to purchase price so I don't think you'd lose anything by doing a rental.

As I said, just another person's opinion and again, we didn't have kids.

Wow, was I way off when I estimated a $30 cost to buy Pal Mickey outright. Thanks to the others who posted the right price. :D

Does he work at the resorts and Downtown Disney, too, or just at the parks?

We got a Pal Mickey and it was a lot of fun. He tells cute jokes, tells you when parades or shows were about to start, made funny comments especially on Tower of Terror, you can play games and he kept our daughter who was 2 at the time occupied. If you didn't hear him you can squeeze his stomach and he will repeat what he said. He would come on as we passed certain buildings on Main Street and give little bits of info on them. He would aslo tell us that we should go to Pirates because there was no line. He came with a clip and he didn't get in the way at all. He fit in the bag we brought to the park so it didn't bother us to carry him around. I think I've read posts where people suggest putting a lanard strap around him to carry him as well.

My 3 year old still plays with him at home. She likes listening to him tell jokes and she actually takes him to bed every night instead of a doll. It was worth it for us.

Our ds 5 loved Pal Mickey. But our son also loves really corny jokes too. He also plays games with Mickey as well. He had some good tips in the park about rides and parades. My son had a lot of fun with him but I'm not sure I would have gotten him just for me.

I got Pal Mickey when I went last May, and love him.

I didn't use the clip they gave, as I heard it didn't work very well, I used one of those water bottle lanyard type holders. It worked very well, I didn't have to unclip him, I could just lift him up to my ear.

Can you only purchase Pal Mickey at WDW, or could I buy it for my kids before we leave?

Also, how big is he? Is he a burden to carry around all day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter