Paid the deposit, now to decide about...

HillPete

Secret Simba Fan
renewing our wedding vows on this trip. We will have our 15th anniversary in October (about 8 weeks before the cruise) and my 40th b-day earlier in the year. I think we deserve a celebration, right?

Has anyone done this with DCL? It seems like a heap of $$ for not much in return. If we were actually getting married, it might be worth it. A Vow Renewal is almost the same price as the cruise!!! :eek: We won't have any family with us except our two DSs. Maybe we could find better ways to spend the $$ :confused3. It wouldn't be hard on the ship! :thumbsup2

Any thoughts or ideas are much appreciated.

--Hillary (and Pete)

renewing our wedding vows on this trip. We will have our 15th anniversary in October (about 8 weeks before the cruise) and my 40th b-day earlier in the year. I think we deserve a celebration, right?

Has anyone done this with DCL? It seems like a heap of $$ for not much in return. If we were actually getting married, it might be worth it. A Vow Renewal is almost the same price as the cruise!!! :eek: We won't have any family with us except our two DSs. Maybe we could find better ways to spend the $$ :confused3. It wouldn't be hard on the ship! :thumbsup2

--Hillary (and Pete)

I can help make your decision easier. DCL only allows two weddings and/or vow renewals per sailing - one on the ship and one on Castaway Cay. These will not open until 1 year prior. I have already been contacted by one person for a vow renewal and one for a potential wedding.

I suppose you all could look at doing a group event with all the vow renewals :lmao::lmao:

The other thing to consider is the pricing is based on a party of up to 10 people. More than that will be additional.

Finally, it will take you away from the Podcast and Cruise events.

I can help make your decision easier. DCL only allows two weddings and/or vow renewals per sailing - one on the ship and one on Castaway Cay. These will not open until 1 year prior. I have already been contacted by one person for a vow renewal and one for a potential wedding.

I suppose you all could look at doing a group event with all the vow renewals :lmao::lmao:

The other thing to consider is the pricing is based on a party of up to 10 people. More than that will be additional.

Finally, it will take you away from the Podcast and Cruise events.

Thought I'd beat Don to this one. NOT IT!!! ;) :wave:

Doh!! What does that make me????

Well.......

IT

Hey Mike, I just noticed in your signature the August 13 cruise. Are you joining the other DISers in the celebration? A bunch of my friends are on that cruise - Kpros, ScottH, bonzie, to name a few. You'll have a great time with them!

--Hillary (and Pete)

We did the vow renewal in 2004 for our 10th anniversary. We did it on the ship in the Cadillac Lounge. My husband surprised me with it. Well, kinda surprised me, the coordinator started asking him questions that he couldn't answer, so he paniced :eek: and told me about it about 30 days out. It was only the three of us (me, DH and then 4 y.o. DD) after Captain John did the ceremony we ate at Palo. (My favorite part!) It was a nice memory, but I think you can make great memories on the ship without paying to have a vow renewal. Especially with so many DIS friends on board. It is a personal choice (and one you obviously can't make for a few months). I wish it would have been a little different for us then. I wish our families would have been able to join us. I must say that the coordinator was more than just a coordinator once we got on the ship. She was more of a personal assistant to us. She was just amazing anticipating our every thought. I tried not too be demanding because I had a big, white, fairytale wedding in 1994. But she was unbelievably attentive. All the CM's we had contact with were. The cake that came with our ceremony was so big that it went to waste because we couldn't possibly eat it all before we got off the ship. The flowers are pretty in the pictures, but they had to also be left behind because of customs.

HTH

Good luck with your decision!

Heidi

Wow! Only one real response and HIJACK CITY!!

Doesn't matter really. I just got off the phone with DH and he said "What?? Are you kidding? I'm not schlepping a tux on a cruise!! Or any other fancy clothes for that matter!! I don't even want to wear shoes for cryin' out loud!!!" and so on like that.

Maybe he'll feel guilty and at least buy me some flowers or something...

--H

Hey Mike, I just noticed in your signature the August 13 cruise. Are you joining the other DISers in the celebration? A bunch of my friends are on that cruise - Kpros, ScottH, bonzie, to name a few. You'll have a great time with them!

Hey Mike, If the Scott H is the same one that I know, be sure to mention to him that we know each other. Scott & I (along with his wife Lynn and my wife Val) go back to the early 90's at WDW.

Hey Mike, If the Scott H is the same one that I know, be sure to mention to him that we know each other. Scott & I (along with his wife Lynn and my wife Val) go back to the early 90's at WDW.

Yep, one in the same!

Sounds like we are going to have a great cruise in August!:goodvibes

Scott & Lynn are good people. How many other folks can say they know somebody that lives in Wyoming. Heck, I can hardly spell it.

Wow! Only one real response and HIJACK CITY!!
Welcome to the Podcast forum... :lmao:

For Tracy's sake at least, hopefully the hijacking will be lessened in the cruise 2.0 forum...said one of the guilty... :teeth:

Doesn't matter really. I just got off the phone with DH and he said "What?? Are you kidding? I'm not schlepping a tux on a cruise!! Or any other fancy clothes for that matter!! I don't even want to wear shoes for cryin' out loud!!!" and so on like that.

Maybe he'll feel guilty and at least buy me some flowers or something...

--H
:flower3::flower3::flower3:

Welcome to the Podcast forum... :lmao:

For Tracy's sake at least, hopefully the hijacking will be lessened in the cruise 2.0 forum...said one of the guilty... :teeth:

What is this Hi-Jack yous speak of? Is he Lo-Jack's older brother?

Thank you for the flowers, Jason.

--H

PS - I think Hi-Jack and Lo-Jack are twins. Hi is taller, but Lo is better with directions. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter