Paid Fast Pass System?

Dis Dragon

Rawwwwr
The change today to MDE to reflect "standby" wait times specifically coupled with the rumors of a paid fast pass coming soon has me thinking we're close. I wanted to ask the DIS board community what they actually thought of a system like Universal uses to replace the FP+ system. Maybe they would offer it at a high price and tie it to club level rooms or something? I feel like this would cause worse waits than if they just brought back the traditional FP. Thoughts?

The change today to MDE to reflect "standby" wait times specifically coupled with the rumors of a paid fast pass coming soon has me thinking we're close. I wanted to ask the DIS board community what they actually thought of a system like Universal uses to replace the FP+ system. Maybe they would offer it at a high price and tie it to club level rooms or something? I feel like this would cause worse waits than if they just brought back the traditional FP. Thoughts?
Go to any of the other 50 threads discussing this to see.

Yes it’s coming imho

Everything is pointing that way. They’ve trimmed the fat staying onsite, removing costs like MB and DME. The new incentive will be Early Entry, along with OG pros like booking windows and possibly how FP replacement is packaged.

FP replacement system’s not going to be cheap or seem like a huge advantage on the surface. They don’t want people thinking it’s not worth visiting without affording FP. Giving every ticket one VQ choice per day/park could help offset negative perceptions here.

I think they’re betting on Genie to impress unfamiliar visitors with their park experience. All Disney needs to do is let these folks see next trip could be even more fun and they’ll return (Bob hopes next time with more money). Beyond them is the next level, veterans divided between onsite vs offsite. Onsite will get a touring advantage with Early Entry. Offsite will become disadvantaged by that, but they could make up for it buying FP with the money saved on room. The last sector is upsellable guests, those willing to spend even more if that can improve their experience. They will buy FP and every other acronym at some point like BBB, EMM, DAK, MVMCP, etc.

Hard to say. The only thing that would surprise me is if WDW made a move that decreased average per capita profits.

Read through any conversation of FastPass in the recent months and you'll inevitably come across great frustration and rightfully so. Something else you will see are many who, even under the pretense of joking, will mention how they would be willing to pay a fee for any semblance of a FastPass. As time goes on those "half-jokes" are becoming more and more a legitimate cry to bring forth a paid version of FastPass. Many of us know Disney's magic side well. But we also know their nefarious plans to separate their customers from their monies. And Disney has us right where they want us...

Disney has wanted to implement a paid version of Fast Pass for a long time in Disney World. This is the perfect opportunity and their plan is working just as they wrote it up. I see more and more people realistically calling for paid FastPasses. I too have thought this many times and I personally am someone who cannot stand spending a penny more than I have to when it comes to a Disney World vacation. The outcry for a paid FastPass is getting louder and the Disney brass are just sitting back and smiling knowing that when the time is right they will release their (more than likely) tiered FastPass structure with differing fees. And the best part? It'll be under the guise of "we gave our customers what they wanted". Oh you're good Disney...you're good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter