• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paddlefish "Boils" Question

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
The WDW Official web site menu doesn't have the boils at all. However they are on The Paddlefish web site.
Does anyone know if they are available for lunch?
Do you have to sit in the room with the boil kitchen?
Anyone tried a boil yet?
TIA

It's so new, not many people may have had experience eating there yet. I'd call the restaurant directly (I can confirm that this number does indeed go directly to the restaurant and not the Disney call center), 407-934-2628, to get your questions answered. They're really helpful! :goodvibes

Just to update for those interested:
Thanks to @Missyrose I called the number given.
The Boils are available at lunch and they are served in all Dining Rooms

A bit off topic, but are the boils you're referring to shrimp, crab or crawfish? I am making my restaurant list for our honey moon and we would love a good boil! lol

what's a "boil"?
There are marginal differences in combinations of food stuff and the preparations of the water, but you essentially throw a bunch of (mostly regional seafood) items into a pot to boil together.

Potato, corn on cob, and sausages can be included in the mix.

Where I'm from, seaweed & beer was used at the bottom of the pot with chicken, sausage, corn & potato before lobsters were added.

I went to college in New Orleans - crawfish were cooked in very spicy water with corn and potatoes.

Some all-you-can eat crab places use spicy, dry peppers (to get you buying more beer).....potatoes served here too.

There are marginal differences in combinations of food stuff and the preparations of the water, but you essentially throw a bunch of (mostly regional seafood) items into a pot to boil together.

Potato, corn on cob, and sausages can be included in the mix.

Where I'm from, seaweed & beer was used at the bottom of the pot with chicken, sausage, corn & potato before lobsters were added.

I went to college in New Orleans - crawfish were cooked in very spicy water with corn and potatoes.

Some all-you-can eat crab places use spicy, dry peppers (to get you buying more beer).....potatoes served here too.

Oh wow that sounds good! TY for info! :)

what's a "boil"?

Our boils are mainly Crawfish (Crayfish), andouille sausage, corn and red potatoes. We boil all of this together with Lousiana liquid and powder seasoning. We will also add shrimp and crab from time to time and we usually add mushrooms and brussel sprouts (not typical, but so good!). What you get in your boil varies regionally most of the time.

A bit off topic, but are the boils you're referring to shrimp, crab or crawfish? I am making my restaurant list for our honey moon and we would love a good boil! lol

Don't count on getting a great LA style crawfish boil! When we boil crawfish we start with several pounds - anything less is just enough to make us mad! >:( :P They (most places except Cajun country) don't season them very highly either. Have never eaten them at this restaurant, but won't get too excited for this one specialty! :upsidedow

Don't count on getting a great LA style crawfish boil! When we boil crawfish we start with several pounds - anything less is just enough to make us mad! >:( :P They (most places except Cajun country) don't season them very highly either. Have never eaten them at this restaurant, but won't get too excited for this one specialty! :upsidedow

Oh, yeah, we boil a whole 35 lb sack! lol I guess that is something to think about, DF would definitely be disappointed in under seasoned/spiced boil! lol

Paddlefish has a whole, separate "Boil" kitchen. It is an open kitchen so diners can sit nearby and watch the action. All the seafood for the day is boiled in this kitchen - ie the lobster for the Lobster Quac and the Lobster salad etc. It is a big deal there

We have always enjoyed the boils at the old Fulton's and look forward to getting one again at Paddlefish. If things are as before, anything on the dinner menu is available for lunch -- just ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter