Packing Hand Sanitizer

Normally I'm not the type of person to carry around hand sanitizer with me, but I feel like I must take it along this year. Do I pack it in my toiletries bag or my medicine bag? If I pack it in my medicine bag do I need a note from my doctor saying that I need to be able to carry it because of a weakened immune system? I don't want to be forced to have to throw it away.

Or do I just ship it down to myself and be done with it?

Did anyone see this? Disney has installed hand sanitizer dispensers around the parks and resorts. They look like the touch-less dispensers.

"Disney installed more than 60 bulk hand-sanitizer dispensers around its property, in high-traffic locations such as park entrances, hotel lobbies and character meet-and-greets. (Jason Garcia/Orlando Sentinel)".

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2009/11/disney-world-steps-up-swine-flu-precautions/

Did anyone see this? Disney has installed hand sanitizer dispensers around the parks and resorts. They look like the touch-less dispensers.

"Disney installed more than 60 bulk hand-sanitizer dispensers around its property, in high-traffic locations such as park entrances, hotel lobbies and character meet-and-greets. (Jason Garcia/Orlando Sentinel)".

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2009/11/disney-world-steps-up-swine-flu-precautions/

Thank you! I had not seen that. This may be the answer I need after all if I can't fit my little bottles into our 311 bags. Thank you SO much!!!

Like I said earlier I don't normally worry about this stuff but I can't have the vaccines and I'm considered high risk. So I'm more worried this year since everyone I know has come back sick with some kind of virus or cold or something from their WDW trips.

If you're that concerned about having some with you and your 311 bag is full, pack it in your checked luggage and just buy a small size in the airport AFTER you go through security. Then you'll have it on the flight.

Pack your own. That is less than 10 per park minus the number put in resorts.

Denise in MI

If you're that concerned about having some with you and your 311 bag is full, pack it in your checked luggage and just buy a small size in the airport AFTER you go through security. Then you'll have it on the flight.

You must not have read all of my posts - we don't check bags. But I remembered that we will have extra 311 space because our nephew are going. We can put it in their 311 bags. It isn't a problem after all.

But I still would be interested in getting an answer to my original question - if you need it for medical reasons can it go in your medical bag? With or without a doctor's note?

From the TSA website:

Additionally, we are continuing to permit prescription liquid medications and other liquids needed by persons with disabilities and medical conditions. This includes:

All prescription and over-the-counter medications (liquids, gels, and aerosols) including KY jelly, eye drops, and saline solution for medical purposes;
Liquids including water, juice, or liquid nutrition or gels for passengers with a disability or medical condition;
Life-support and life-sustaining liquids such as bone marrow, blood products, and transplant organs;
Items used to augment the body for medical or cosmetic reasons such as mastectomy products, prosthetic breasts, bras or shells containing gels, saline solution, or other liquids; and,
Gels or frozen liquids needed to cool disability or medically related items used by persons with disabilities or medical conditions.
However, if the liquid medications are in volumes larger than 3 ozs each, they may not be placed in the quart-size bag and must be declared to the Transportation Security Officer. A declaration can be made verbally, in writing, or by a person's companion, caregiver, interpreter, or family member.

Declared liquid medications and other liquids for disabilities and medical conditions must be kept separate from all other property submitted for x-ray screening.

For more information on these measures, please read our letter outlining this policy -- Changes in Allowances for Persons with Disabilities at Airport Security Checkpoints (pdf, 101Kb).

http://www.tsa.gov/assets/pdf/special_needs_memo.pdf

Hand santizer may or may not be considered a medication, I would get a note. You don't want to have it confiscated.

We flew out of Buffalo in September and I had a small zippy with sun block in it and at the last minute I threw a small bottle of Purell in the diaper bag. Realised this at the screening place and simply placed it in the bin and asked if it was okay and they said it was fine. He did not even ask me to put it in the ziplock bag. It is probably now very common to carry a small bottle in your bag. Might be time to buy some shares in Purrell.:lmao:

They can still confiscate it even with a doctors note. They most likely will not consider it to be medically necessary and it is something that can be boght anywhere so they may still confiscate it.

I had this happen with my sunscreen.
I can only use 1 type of sunscreen because of my chemical allergies. It has to be special ordered as only the special pharmacies carry it. I took a 4oz tube with me in my carry on along with a doctors note and put 3 more tubes in my checked bag. Even with the doctors note, they confiscated my sunscreen. So don't count on a doctors note helping.

Unfortunately, you might need to re think your plans on not checking luggage if you really need to have it with you.

What else do you carry in your bag that takes up so much room?

I carry shampoo, conditioner, soap, purell and sunscreen and I still have space left over in my bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter