Packages from DTD to resort

I have had packages delivered from most of the stores I have shoppped at DTD. You can't be leaving the next day and have it delivered, it takes more than 24 hours to get back to your resort somethimes. I especially get this service when I shop at the Christmas store. I have also had packages delivered from the scrapbooking store and toy store. The only one I am not real sure of would be Virgin records, not sure if they are involved in the package delivery. It is best to ask before you buy more than you want to lug around. I do love this service!:)

The Disney owned stores in Downtown Disney like World of Disney, Team Mickey, Disney's Pin Traders, Once Upon a Toy and others stores that sell WDW merchandice are the ones that can send purchases to the WDW Resort you're staying at. Stores like Virgin records and all others that don't sell WDW merchandice do not send purchased itmes to WDW Resorts.

As mentioned, the Disney stores will ship it over there for you, the non-Disney ones won't. :)

They need 24 hours, so if you're checking out the next day you're hauling your own crap. :) If you are staying club-level, the packages will be delivered to your room. If you are staying in a regular room, you can pick them up in the gift shop.

If you buy a ton of crap, consider having it shipped home. You won't pay sales tax, so it works out to be about the same cost...and might save you some room in the luggage.

Have fun shopping!

I am just wondering would the Lego Imagination Center be considered a non Disney store in Downtown Disney who would not send purchases, since they don't sell WDW merchandice? Also does the $10.00 & under store send items or not send itmes purchased there?

If you buy a ton of crap, consider having it shipped home. You won't pay sales tax, so it works out to be about the same cost...and might save you some room in the luggage.
While that is a great deal if you're an American, if you're from Canada for example and want to send an expensive item to where you live then we would pay a lot of duty on it. When my family and I were at The Art of Disney Store we saw this very nice item that cost $250.00, however if we wanted to ship it home we would have to pay a lot of $ just on the duty so it was not worth it. We thought of buying it right then and there, however we decided not to since we had purchased a new Disney phone and there would be no more room left in my Dad's Jeep.

While that is a great deal if you're an American...
The OP is from Pennsylvania. I apologize to all Canadians (and folks from other countries, as well) for not posting - or knowing - what the deal is with sending stuff to those countries...especially those whose Dads don't have room in the car. :)

Thanks all !
You most welcome. Shopping is one of my favorite things to do at WDW!!!! If you ever want to talk shopping, lemme know!

The OP is from Pennsylvania.
I knew that. What I was saying earlier was that in general shipping items you purchase from WDW is a great deal if you happen to be American. I know people from other countries can also do that, however since I am from Canada it's harder with paying the duty on the items.

I never thought to do this. What a great idea especially if you are Christmas shopping. ;)

When we were down in Jan 2007 , Lego store offered to send our packages back to resort (SSR) but I couldn't do it as we were leaving the next day. I did not request this service, they just offered so I am imagining it is at least offered at Lego?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter