P90X Support Group!

Radiorox

Live from the city of Magic.
Who else is starting or is going to start P90X this year?

I am starting a week from today, and it's my fourth attempt to complete it. Fourth time is a charm! So, who else is in?

Jackie

Good luck Jackie-I salute all those who do that.There may have been a time when I could but not these days.

Linda

I envy you! I wish I could do that but I can't either. So do it for us!!!:wave2:

I have too many medical issues at the moment to be able to do something that intense. I feel so OLD right now!:sad:

Let us know how it is going!

I start up tomorrow so I'll keep everyone posted! :)

Mind over matter! :thumbsup2

My health issue is an old sprained ACL and a shoulder that I seperated a few years ago but, I am very well versed with the program and you can modify workouts as long as you keep good form and do as many reps as you can.

Recovery week is just as brutal LOL! I love Yoga but, REALLY wish that disc wasn't so long. :P

I've done the program a few times (just never finish because of this or that - I call it self sabotage!) And this has been the worst I've done. My form was horrible. :P. I'm determined to stick it out. My last day of this adventure is my first .5K. in April.

Like Tony says.... Just Push Play!
Which are your Fav/Least Fav?

I'll post up some info on all the other stuff you'll need for workouts.

Okie dokie! For anyone starting. Besides the DVDs, here's other things you need:

-First and foremost a heartrate monitor.
(I suggest one that monitors how many calories your burn as well.)

-Weights or resistance bands:
Do not buy cheapy bands from Walmart, they broke on me the first week. If you bought the program, it should come with a band if things haven't changed. If not, Sports Authority or another fitness store. Make sure you have different resistances. (Two or three different is good, usually if you want to feel more burn, you just shorten the band during the workout and Tony shows you how.)

I prefer to have weights, however you need a lot of them. I use 3 lbs (sounds like a little but, there is a particular workout you will not be able to do unless you have LIGHT weights because of the angle of your arms) 5lbs, 10lbs, 15lbs and 20lbs. I also have a kettle bell that is 15lbs.Another note, weights should have OCTAGONAL heads. There will be a few moves where you need to balance on them.

-Pull up bar:
Get it at Ross, there is one that hooks over a door.
Or get it at Walmart and attach it to the doorjam.

I use this with a chair under me and use my legs to help me up OR I’ll use the resistance bands. To me, using the actual bar feels like I am doing an actual pull up. The bands always feel like they are gonna break. In fact, I had one fly past my head once after it snapped. - You need an anchor of some sort on the roof OR a door that you can anchor the bands to in order to do the Pull Up workouts.

-Non slip workout mat:
You need one for Yoga
You need one for Plyo. The plyo requires a thicker one so that you land well. Course, a floor will do but, DEFO need one for Yoga. Walmart! ;)

-Yoga blocks:
Helps you either deepen the stretch to get your stretch on. – Walmart! ;)

-A solid chair.
You will be doing dips. You can use a sofa but a good stable chair is best. You will also need to do decline push ups and your feet will have to be on the chair.

-Push up bars
Trust me, your wrists will thank you. You can get them either at Ross or at Walmart. These help deepen the push up and also protect your hands and wrists.

-Water bottle

-Towels
Keep Pressing Play!! :thumbsup2

Okie dokie! For anyone starting. Besides the DVDs, here's other things you need:

-First and foremost a heartrate monitor.
(I suggest one that monitors how many calories your burn as well.)

-Weights or resistance bands:
Do not buy cheapy bands from Walmart, they broke on me the first week. If you bought the program, it should come with a band if things haven't changed. If not, Sports Authority or another fitness store. Make sure you have different resistances. (Two or three different is good, usually if you want to feel more burn, you just shorten the band during the workout and Tony shows you how.)

I prefer to have weights, however you need a lot of them. I use 3 lbs (sounds like a little but, there is a particular workout you will not be able to do unless you have LIGHT weights because of the angle of your arms) 5lbs, 10lbs, 15lbs and 20lbs. I also have a kettle bell that is 15lbs.Another note, weights should have OCTAGONAL heads. There will be a few moves where you need to balance on them.

-Pull up bar:
Get it at Ross, there is one that hooks over a door.
Or get it at Walmart and attach it to the doorjam.

I use this with a chair under me and use my legs to help me up OR I’ll use the resistance bands. To me, using the actual bar feels like I am doing an actual pull up. The bands always feel like they are gonna break. In fact, I had one fly past my head once after it snapped. - You need an anchor of some sort on the roof OR a door that you can anchor the bands to in order to do the Pull Up workouts.

-Non slip workout mat:
You need one for Yoga
You need one for Plyo. The plyo requires a thicker one so that you land well. Course, a floor will do but, DEFO need one for Yoga. Walmart! ;)

-Yoga blocks:
Helps you either deepen the stretch to get your stretch on. – Walmart! ;)

-A solid chair.
You will be doing dips. You can use a sofa but a good stable chair is best. You will also need to do decline push ups and your feet will have to be on the chair.

-Push up bars
Trust me, your wrists will thank you. You can get them either at Ross or at Walmart. These help deepen the push up and also protect your hands and wrists.

-Water bottle

-Towels
Keep Pressing Play!! :thumbsup2

Great list and help to those who think that ordering the dvd's will get them started.

I will offer my suggested alternatives to the equipment list....

Weights…

Power Blocks. While not the cheapest option, they can grow from 3 or 5 pounds (depending on the set) to as high as one would ever want. Much more space effective than trying to collect a dumbbell set for the same range.

Pull up bar…
A great alternative to the Beach Body bar is the ProSource Heavy-Duty Easy Gym Doorway Chin-Up/Pull-Up Bar from Amazon. Really any multi-position bar will work well; avoid a door jamb bar that is only held by friction. Also, rubberbanditz come from the Cross Fit world and work well as a ‘cheat’ for pull ups. Though, I also have a fear of having one snap in my face… It may be unwarranted as at 18 mo old they show little wear.

Push-up bars…
I am not a TV Gimick guy but the Perfect Pushups work well. They offer the slight ability to rotate during the push up and even lessen the stress on the wrist. If you want a cheap out, use your dumbells.

I purchased all my material locally and I would suggest doing the same. It is hard to see and touch these things on-line and the small subtle differences you can spot in a sporting goods store may keep you headed in the right direction.

Hey everyone! Starting my second week of P90X today. I went into it a little cocky because ive been a frequent lifter and I just completed the Goofy Challenge a few weeks ago. I was humbled very quickly. This is an entirely different type of fitness. Ill be following this thread for info and motivation. Thanks in advance.

Radiorox said:
Recovery week is just as brutal LOL! I love Yoga but, REALLY wish that disc wasn't so long. :P

I've done the program a few times (just never finish because of this or that - I call it self sabotage!) And this has been the worst I've done. My form was horrible. :P. I'm determined to stick it out. My last day of this adventure is my first .5K. in April.

Like Tony says.... Just Push Play!
Which are your Fav/Least Fav?

My favorite workout so far is Chest & Back. I actually think I get a better arm workout from this one than from Arms & Shoulders.

My least favorite is probably Kenpo. It feels like its a filler workout to me. After doing it, I was tempted to replace it with a five mile run. I think ill stick to the plan though. Maybe ill use my heavy bag on kenpo day to increase the intensity.

Kenpo I do with weighed loves and ankle weights. I like it! For me its fun! Plyo is murder. LOL!!! Leg routine rocks except that I have to do Ab Ripper BEFORE if not I can't get my legs up. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter