Owning DVC-Florida Residency Questions

NUHuskies#1

My kids speak in COD code.. I don't know what it m
A co-worker told my husband that if you have a deeded timeshare in Florida you can establish a Florida residency with ID. Is this true or is my husband's co-worker off his rocker? We own DVC and were curious if we would be eligible for residency status.

DVC ownership does not equal legal Florida residency.

Nor does any local timeshare deed. Florida used to be pretty lax about how it issued resident IDs, but that's been tightened up in the post 9/11 world.

The official DVC documents that owners get at time of purchase from Disney specifically declare that your timeshare ownership does not allow you to be classified as a resident of Florida.

To be able to acquire Florida residency, you must at least (a) live in Florida, and (b) live there with the intent of having it be your permament residence.

Being a Fla. resident in Disney's eyes and being a Florida resident in the state's eyes are two different things.

Disney does recognize PT Fla residents, but you need bank statements or similar items in your name to your Florida address.

Here are the Walt Disney World Florida Residents Validation Requirements:
Florida Resident Tickets:
Proof of a Florida residential address is required. For each adult ticket purchased, you may provide any of the following:

• Valid Florida driver's license
  • Valid Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida-based military ID
The persons who will use the Florida Resident adult tickets must be present at the time of ticket pick up. If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then for each adult ticket purchased you must provide one of the following dated within the last two months and evidencing a Florida residential address together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):
  • Monthly mortgage statement
  • Florida vehicle registration or title
  • Homeowner's insurance policy or bill
  • Automobile insurance policy or bill
  • Utility bill
  • Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statement
  • Mail from a Federal, State, County or City government agency
Bills can be no more than two (2) months old. PO Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency. Current bills printed from electronic versions are acceptable, though photocopies and fax copies are not.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/florida-residents/validation-requirements/

Being a Fla. resident in Disney's eyes and being a Florida resident in the state's eyes are two different things.

Disney does recognize PT Fla residents, but you need bank statements or similar items in your name to your Florida address.
I think this is important. Disney choses who they give the discounts to. They simply label it FL resident but it's what they declare as residency, not what the state recognizes. It has NOTHING to do with the state requirements or legal issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter