Overnight in Miami

allancal

Earning My Ears
Keeping our fingers crossed that we will be able to travel by October. We have an overnight in Miami before picking up a car and heading for Orlando. Any recommendations for a hotel near the airport?

We like the Pullman (previously Sofitel) as they do a great breakfast but have also stayed in the Hyatt and the Holiday Inn at the airport and both were reasonable for an overnighter. Last year before it was cancelled we were trying out the in airport hotel but that clearly didn't happen so can't really say if that was worth it. It just seemed like a nice simple option as no need to get a shuttle to it

Thanks gismo1554. I had a quick look online and both places you mention look ideal. Also had a look at the airport hotel and reviews of it aren’t great so a shuttle it is 😊

We stayed at Springhill suites airport south.

Landed in Miami late at night and got the shuttle to hotel.

Room was spotless and really spacious.

It was situated on the edge of a big lake, good included hot breakfast. The wasn't really anything within walking distance but the hotel also provided a free shuttle to the supermarket/ retail park area/ some places to dine

We got the airport shuttle back to the airport to collect the car before driving to Orlando.

We also came back here for a night before we flew home.

When we travel like this... Airport hotels with a shuttle, and depending on what we need, room service and free hot breakfast or a restaurant, are what we look for... Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn, Marriott, Hilton... I look at the reviews for clean, and beds are comfortable... if its just for overnight, to sleep and shower... then I would look for the basic's... and save your money for more important things like Mickey ice cream bars... LOL

As well would it not be easier to pick up your car when you land, instead of having to shuttle back to the airport? So you can start your Holiday right away...

To throw in a different thought: Miami airport is very close to the city. I stayed at the Holiday near the Bayside market place. It took me 15 minutes by taxi to get to my hotel from the airport. Depending on your time of arrival, Bayside Market is nice to shop & eat and walk around.
A few blocks away are the down town offices of the big car rental companies.

When we travel like this... Airport hotels with a shuttle, and depending on what we need, room service and free hot breakfast or a restaurant, are what we look for... Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn, Marriott, Hilton... I look at the reviews for clean, and beds are comfortable... if its just for overnight, to sleep and shower... then I would look for the basic's... and save your money for more important things like Mickey ice cream bars... LOL

As well would it not be easier to pick up your car when you land, instead of having to shuttle back to the airport? So you can start your Holiday right away...
A good car hire deal can make all the difference...

The place we stayed did have free parking. But we just didn't fancy getting the car on arrival , and tackling Miami traffic , stress , possibly tired.

The place we stayed did have free parking. But we just didn't fancy getting the car on arrival , and tackling Miami traffic , stress , possibly tired.

Good Point, I think that with any type of travel, you have to look alot of things length of flight, arrival time, and all that... and go from there on what you think will work the best for each trip...

Good Point, I think that with any type of travel, you have to look alot of things length of flight, arrival time, and all that... and go from there on what you think will work the best for each trip...
Yes, even a good, inexpensive vacation deal overall can hide unforeseen expenses that can push up the cost if care is not taken with careful planning....

We saved a full day of car hire costs and my husband could have a drink on the flight if he fancied. I don't drink but although I'm ok driving abroad , I didn't fancy attempting it straight off the flight especially as we knew it would likely be dark when we arrived. The actual arrival was pretty stressful , Miami airport is huge. It was packed and I bet we were a good 3 hours from landing to actually getting outside the airport !We knew jet lag would have us awake super early so we just got up nice and refreshed.

Yes, even a good, inexpensive vacation deal overall can hide unforeseen expenses that can push up the cost if care is not taken with careful planning....

The flights to Miami were a bargain so the overnight airport stay was still hugely worthwhile. It's an easy drive and we explored a few things in Miami before we flew back home.

The flights to Miami were a bargain so the overnight airport stay was still hugely worthwhile. It's an easy drive and we explored a few things in Miami before we flew back home.
Even for international flights, Miami is so often preferred as the route for Latin America.

I stayed at the Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon a few years ago and it was very good being on a lagoon with short paths round the lagoon edge and views across the lagoon to the airport. Good soundproofing and good airport shuttle. Made a nice change from the traditional airport hotels just surrounded by concrete. The outdoor pool was good also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter