• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

over the door shoe organizer

redmomof4

I love TIM without a hat!
Last trip I found a clear one of these at the dollar store. This year I can't find one. Of course I can find them at target or walmart fo $12 but I was hoping for it to be disposable again. Anyone know where else to look?

I also would like to know the answer to this. I leave in a 10 days and still have not found one. I am figuring I might just break down and by the one from Walmart and then use it in my sons room for toys after.

I also would like to know the answer to this. I leave in a 10 days and still have not found one. I am figuring I might just break down and by the one from Walmart and then use it in my sons room for toys after.

We are leaving soon too and if I can't find a cheaper one, I'll but the other too.

I can relate...for our March 06 cruise I found one at the dollar store and it was a life saver...definitely one of the best tips on the boards. I was able to ditch it and not bring it home.
When I went to get another for our March 07 cruise the cheapest I could find was a $12 one at Walmart so I said forget it. I bought white shallow plastic trays in a few sizes instead and they worked out great. I put them on that narrow dresser that's next to the closet, across from the bathrooms. it was able to hold all the same stuff: keys, chapstick, lanyards, camera, walkie-talkies...and they packed very easily. I really liked the shoe holder thing, but we made do with these trays and they worked well...now I just keep them in my suitcase for other travels and we've used them again. might be a good alternative for you.

We got a fish extender, over the door shoe organizer, and pop up laundry hamper at the dollar store.

Woody

We got ours at Dollar General. Actually, I got 2- one for the kids and one for us. It was only 2 or 3 dollars!

I looked and looked and looked for a cheap over the door shoe holder. I gave up on the dollar stores after looking for over a year. I bought one for $6.88 at Lowes. The quality was better.

ok, so I have only looked at dollar tree, target and walmart. I will add dollar general (if I can find one) and lowes to my look list. Bee back later to let you know if I found one!

I went to dollar general today. I could not find a shoe holder but as I was looking I stumbled upon a bathroom organizer. It is not as big however for 2 dollars I bought two of them. It comes with a hook or it can hang on the shower head.

I went to dollar general today. I could not find a shoe holder but as I was looking I stumbled upon a bathroom organizer. It is not as big however for 2 dollars I bought two of them. It comes with a hook or it can hang on the shower head.

That is so funny...I was getting ready to post the exact same thing! Just got back from Dollar General and got the shower organizer. I also bought a package of 2 over the door hooks, because I couldn't figure out how to hang them using the shower head hook.

Thanks to the OP for reminding me to go get the organizers in the first place!:thumbsup2

Can someone post a picture of these shoe organizer everyone talking about? How do you stick them on the door?? I keep wonderng how someone can stick a whole shoe rack on the door.

TLPL, they are called over the door shoe organizers because they have hooks that hang over the door. Then you can see the 24 or so clear plastic sections and store "Stuff" in there. We did put some kids shoes at the bottom, highlighters, kttw cards, camera, bug wipes, sunscreen, chapstick, memory sticks etc... It was a great find.

I went to Lowes today and bought the $6.88 one. It wasn't a dollar but not bad.

Couldn't find the over the door style before my cruise. I did purchase 2 different styles from the Dollar Tree that had hanger type tops. I think they were technically called shoe organizers. These didn't work so good so I ended up just tossing them. I had also found a shoe organizer at Target in the dollar section, but it was $2.50. This worked out great. It had velcro straps that you put over the rod in the closet. It held all our extras and best thing is you could hide it by closing the closet door. I had orignally thought of tossing it at the end of the cruise, but brought it home for next year. Just in case I can't find anything then.

Those over the door shoe organizers hold a lot of great things, including shoes! My daughter had a clear one for years that she displayed her beanie babies in. When she grew up and moved out I commandeered it and now use it to organize scrapbooking supplies in my craft room.

OOOH!!! I was thinking those I have at my house... tiers of epoxy coated steel type. Silly me....

I found mine at Ross for $3 or $4...try TJ Maxx too!

I buy the suction cup hooks. The kind you put on the wall and pull down to engage the suction. I used these to hang the over the door shoe holder on the wall behind the toilet on our last cruise in a Cat 11. FYI, I found a CLEAR heavy plastic 24 pocket shoe organizer at Target for $5.98. You just have to look around a bit since they also have the nicer fabric ones for $12.98. I'm gonna check Dollar General since I really wanted another one like the 12 pocket cheap one that was $1.

FYI, we stuck one of the suction cup hooks on the mirror near the door to hang our lanyards on. Easy to grab on the way out.

I found a zebra pattern one at Target about a month ago. I was in there yesterday and they still had them in their dollar section in the front of the store. The cost was $2.00.

We (DH, me, DD14) did the Mediterranean cruise in August and since we were in a CAT 11 we knew that there was no trunk. So besides taking the over the door shoe organizer I also took two collaspable hanging sweater shelves. This worked like a charm in the closet. We still had plenty of room for our hanging clothes on both sides of the closet. So with the three of us we had plenty of space for all of our clothes without having to use the drawers to stuff things into. Hope you can use this idea as well.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter