Over the Door Shoe Holder

Weedy

DIS Veteran
We sailed the Dream a few weeks after her maiden voyage. At that time the over the door shoe holders would not fit on the bathroom doors. (I saw others post this also). The doors were too tight so the clips would not allow the door to close. We are sailing the Fantasy in May. Are people still having a problem with this?

We sailed the Dream a few weeks after her maiden voyage. At that time the over the door shoe holders would not fit on the bathroom doors. (I saw others post this also). The doors were too tight so the clips would not allow the door to close. We are sailing the Fantasy in May. Are people still having a problem with this?

We have sailed on the Dream 3 times and the Fantasy 1 x and have always used the over-the-door shoe holder without any issues.

We stopped bothering with the shoe holder. It just wasn't necessary.

I used one on our trip in June on the Fantasy and it worked fine.

We just took a trip on the Fantasy a couple weeks ago and used a over the door shoe organizer without a problem. It was one of the really cheap $4 ones from walmart with the clear bins.

Does anyone know if these can work on the connecting doors instead of the bathroom doors? We have connecting rooms and I would want to share items between the rooms. Putting it on one of the bathroom doors would not work well.

Are you planning on leaving the connecting door open? If you do that I don't think it will be a problem.

I just looked at these at Walmart after reading about them on these boards. The ones I saw appeared to not have any kind of hook or way to attach them to the door. Is there something else you have to buy for them to work?

Sometimes the hooks are in the bottom pocket. Look to see if the shoe holder has holes at the top. Usually there are 4 holes for the hooks. Feel the package and you may feel the hooks...they are placed pretty flat. I thought the same thing - because that's just my type of luck ;)
(They look like if I could type this... a check mark attached to a upside down U but the curve is flat to fit over the door LOL )

I love our over the door shoe holder. I have not had a problem using it on the ships but haven't been on the Fantasy yet. It works wonderfully on connecting doors :) I've had ours for years and I've found them at Big Lots when I've done gift baskets for friends that are cruising for the first time.

We brought a shoe holder on our Jan. 12 cruise. It only had a hanger-type hook at the top center so we hung it up in one of the closets. We liked it there. It was convenient but out of the way and it didn't make the room look more cluttered like it might if it's hanging in plain sight. There was a good amount of storage space on the Fantasy so we may go without one next time.

My 3yo DD and I will be taking our first cruise next year and it will be on the Fantasy. What do people put in the shoe holders? Just trying to figure out if it's something we should add to our packing list?

TIA!

We used ours on the Fantasy and it was great. I put hair brushes, hair accessories for dd, sunglasses, sunscreen, lanyards, our travel mugs, also because you are never sure which bathroom would be open I kept all our toothbrushes and toothpaste so we could get that done even if one of the bathrooms was in use, watches, sun hats, basically anything we needed to grab and go on the way out.

It is hard to remember, but most of the slots were filled. It was nice having it out in the open without being out in the open...

K in SA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter