Outstanding Servers on the Magic?

We were on the Jan 28th Magic cruise and had Nenad from Croatia. He had been our asst server on our Med 2010 cruise and he was great. We really enjoyed having him again, although he may be on vacation soon. He misses his kids and put in a request to go on vacation earlier than he planned, but plans on coming back in time to go to NY. Great guy!!!

Another vote for Sompong. He is an excellent and personable server. We have requested him for our upcoming cruise in April.

Ironically, we ran into Sammy in Topsiders, although we have never had him before, he remembered us from several of our previous cruises. He had been in our adjacent section during our Med 2010 cruise. Nice guy!

We were on the Magic from the 11th feb to 18th feb, our server and assistant server were so so... they were nice yes, they told us about all the special things, like the character breakfasts, and which show is a must see, recommendations on what to eat. But the service...hum... every night she would give my husbands meal to me, when we ordered the lobster for our 5 year old she looked at us funny...and as for the drinks... we had to ask for coffee 2 to 3 times to get it, at the end I was ordering my coffee with my meal so I can have it in time for dessert. My husband is a beer person, and would have his beer every night, the assistant would pour it in the glass without tilting the glass, it would foam and spill everywhere. Anyhow it didnt ruin our vacation, we just laughed, but like I said I am so jealous to hear that everyone had amazing servers.
Now please tell me how we can request a waiter for future cruises, do you do this when you are booking, or while you board.

thanks

If Liam from Jamaica is still on the Magic as a head server, get into his section! He's been our server/head server on several of our Disney cruises, and he always took excellent care of us. Although we had excellent servers on the Dream last October, we missed him...great guy!

Simoun from the Philippines. He was our server on the last TA-- does a great job and has a rather quirky sense of humor, and was always going out of his way to make sure we had whatever we wanted. He even offered to bring me food up from the crew galley when I told him I liked Filipino food.

Our family recently went on the Western Carribean cruise aboard the Disney Magic. We had a great time. My 10 year old daughter absolutely adored our Head Server Andrae from Jamaica and his assistant Jimmi from China. They treated her like a princess princess: and us like a king and queen. This is what made our trip the most enjoyable. They were with us every night and became a part of the family. They were very professional and friendly! Could not ask for better!!! Our daughter was the most sad to leave them at the end of the trip! Now that says it all.

We had great service from Vlado (Croatia or Czech can't remember) and Suittibong aka Tony from the Phillipines. Also saw one of our servers from the prior cruise, Bomin from the Phillipines who was on a different restaurant assignment than ours. Great server as well!

We absolutely loved Damir from Croatia and Aris from the Philippines (who was on the first month of his first contract, but you really couldn't tell!). They were the best part of our trip in December on the Magic, hands down. Attentive, very good with our little ones, and just genuinely nice people.

I have to agree - Sampong is the best there is - he has received many many service awards from DCL.

We absolutely loved Damir from Croatia and Aris from the Philippines (who was on the first month of his first contract, but you really couldn't tell!). They were the best part of our trip in December on the Magic, hands down. Attentive, very good with our little ones, and just genuinely nice people.

Another vote for Damir from Croatia,and his assistant server Omar from Jamaica.We had them from Feb 18-25th.I wont say how many pounds I gained.Damir found out I liked lobster.He brought me 4 tails.Every other night he brang at least 2 dinners for each of us,and we had a party of 6.Another night we had lump crab casserole for an appetizer,he saw I almost inhaled it i'm sorry to say.So he brang 6 more for the table.

They're awesome.;)

Another vote for Sompong. He is an excellent and personable server. We have requested him for our upcoming cruise in April.

I totally agree. Just was on the Magic Feb 11-18 and had Sompong. However, I hate to disappoint you but he told us beginning in early March he was going home for his break. I think the breaks are about 2 months so he may not be back in time for your April cruise.

He was really a great server though!! We miss him!

Sampong is amazing, although we've only had him at lunch.

To request a server, call DCL or have your TA do it if you used one. They will give you the "This is just a request and cannot be guaranteed" speech. Then, after you board, go to "dining changes" to ask if you got what you wanted and request a change if you didn't get it.

It has been a few years but Deneval from Jamaica is our all time fave. I wonder if he is still on the Magic? I miss him!!! :love:

Another vote for Esther. She was great. She was working with Percy when we were on the Magic and we loved them both. We did not have such great servers on the Dream a few months ago and it sure made a difference to our cruise.

Does any one know what ship Lloyd from Costa Rica is on these days? One of DLC better servers I think. :thumbsup2

We also loved Simoun! Highly recommend him!

Simoun from the Philippines. He was our server on the last TA-- does a great job and has a rather quirky sense of humor, and was always going out of his way to make sure we had whatever we wanted. He even offered to bring me food up from the crew galley when I told him I liked Filipino food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter