Outer building Garden Room at the Boardwalk

FionaP

Earning My Ears
We have an upcoming reservation at the Boardwalk in November for one of the garden cottages (Outer building Garden Room). When we last stayed there (2019) these were all club level. Price is now more expensive than when we stayed there with the club-level service. I cannot find listed anywhere if these continue to be club level. I called and spoke w/ a cast member (after spending almost an hour on hold) and he was unfamiliar with the room type or what I was asking. Hoping someone here could help. Much appreciated!

I just read that the Disney’s BoardWalk Resort concierge will open on Sept. 23, 2021. So, if nothing changes you should get to use it. I stayed in those rooms a couple of times and loved it.

We have an upcoming reservation at the Boardwalk in November for one of the garden cottages (Outer building Garden Room). When we last stayed there (2019) these were all club level. Price is now more expensive than when we stayed there with the club-level service. I cannot find listed anywhere if these continue to be club level. I called and spoke w/ a cast member (after spending almost an hour on hold) and he was unfamiliar with the room type or what I was asking. Hoping someone here could help. Much appreciated!

You’re in the same boat as many guests that have reservations for things like suites, these rooms, etc that were previously “club level access” but Disney switched them out of that category when they made them bookable (before any info about CL returning was known). We’re all “assuming” when CL returns at their respective resorts, these types of rooms will in fact once again be CL and for the moment it’s just a Disney IT thing in this weird transition. Unless Disney is using this situation to permanently remove the Garden Rooms from the CL inventory for other reasons (which seems very unlikely to me, but that’s just my opinion), my assumption is things return to normal with those rooms.

I’m not surprised you had trouble calling - this is a level of detail/set of circumstances that isn’t common and probably can really only be answered by someone or some group way up the chain, I’m guessing.

But keep an eye on the main CL thread - come 9/23 we’ll know soon enough. :goodvibes

You’re in the same boat as many guests that have reservations for things like suites, these rooms, etc that were previously “club level access” but Disney switched them out of that category when they made them bookable (before any info about CL returning was known). We’re all “assuming” when CL returns at their respective resorts, these types of rooms will in fact once again be CL and for the moment it’s just a Disney IT thing in this weird transition. Unless Disney is using this situation to permanently remove the Garden Rooms from the CL inventory for other reasons (which seems very unlikely to me, but that’s just my opinion), my assumption is things return to normal with those rooms.

I’m not surprised you had trouble calling - this is a level of detail/set of circumstances that isn’t common and probably can really only be answered by someone or some group way up the chain, I’m guessing.

But keep an eye on the main CL thread - come 9/23 we’ll know soon enough. :goodvibes
Thank you very much-will keep checking.

Wondering if now that concierge is open if anyone has the answer to my question above. Much appreciated!

Wondering if now that concierge is open if anyone has the answer to my question above. Much appreciated!

The Garden Cottages are back to CL rooms, as they were pre-COVID.

Lots of recent reviews and pics of BWI CL on the CL thread. Seems like it returned with most of its usual fan favorite offerings.

Enjoy your trip!

The Garden Cottages are back to CL rooms, as they were pre-COVID.

Lots of recent reviews and pics of BWI CL on the CL thread. Seems like it returned with most of its usual fan favorite offerings.

Enjoy your trip!
Now I'm really confused. :confused3 I have been looking at the garden cottages for February and CL access is still not listed on the website. I have a friend at the BWI now and she asked about the cottages and was told they are limiting the amount of people in the lounge and the cottages are not CL. They are a lot more expensive then they were and I am not paying that price and not have CL.

Now I'm really confused. :confused3 I have been looking at the garden cottages for February and CL access is still not listed on the website. I have a friend at the BWI now and she asked about the cottages and was told they are limiting the amount of people in the lounge and the cottages are not CL. They are a lot more expensive then they were and I am not paying that price and not have CL.

Hi @Maxie86. :wave:

They didn't add back the "Club Level Access" tag to the name, but when CL reopened they did move that room category back under the "Rooms & Suites with Club Level Service" header (same thing with the 2 BR and Sonora VP Suite, which are definitely CL). I have been 'assuming' (key word) the missing CL tag is an oversight since it was in fact moved to be under the CL header. There was also some recent discussion of the topic on the CL thread and one of the BWI pros I thought had chimed in to say they were in fact CL again.

So caveat in case I'm misinterpreting things or have bad info!

Hi @Maxie86. :wave:

They didn't add back the "Club Level Access" tag to the name, but when CL reopened they did move that room category back under the "Rooms & Suites with Club Level Service" header (same thing with the 2 BR and Sonora VP Suite, which are definitely CL). I have been 'assuming' (key word) the missing CL tag is an oversight since it was in fact moved to be under the CL header. There was also some recent discussion of the topic on the CL thread and one of the BWI pros I thought had chimed in to say they were in fact CL again.

So caveat in case I'm misinterpreting things or have bad info!

You are right the cottages have been moved back under "Rooms & Suites with Club Level Service" My friend asked as was told the cottages were not CL. :confused3 No surprise ask 10 CM's and get 10 different answers. Maybe we should ask a bus driver.:rotfl2: Will wait for first hand reports from someone staying in the cottages.

Please report back that you did indeed get CL services.

Yes- we just got back. Lovely trip, and club level was included!
You are right the cottages have been moved back under "Rooms & Suites with Club Level Service" My friend asked as was told the cottages were not CL. :confused3 No surprise ask 10 CM's and get 10 different answers. Maybe we should ask a bus driver.:rotfl2: Will wait for first hand reports from someone staying in the cottages.

Please report back that you did indeed get CL services.
Yes just got back. Had an amazing time and CL service was included! Only disappointment was with housekeeping. We were told that we would receive every 2nd day. We were out of the room for hours each day. Housekeeping seemed to wait until we returned (about 5 pm) and would put up the room occupied sign. At that point they would call and ask if we wanted trash/towels. They did not come before 5 pm the entire time we were there except the day we checked out ( when they knocked on our door at 8:30 am to ask when we were leaving). For a room we paid more than 1,000/ night, I would expect better!

Yes- we just got back. Lovely trip, and club level was included!

Yes just got back. Had an amazing time and CL service was included! Only disappointment was with housekeeping. We were told that we would receive every 2nd day. We were out of the room for hours each day. Housekeeping seemed to wait until we returned (about 5 pm) and would put up the room occupied sign. At that point they would call and ask if we wanted trash/towels. They did not come before 5 pm the entire time we were there except the day we checked out ( when they knocked on our door at 8:30 am to ask when we were leaving). For a room we paid more than 1,000/ night, I would expect better!
Thanks for confirming th cottages are CL. Glad you had a nice trip. The lack of housekeeping is disappointing. My friend staying in a deluxe BWI room had full daily housekeeping. We also had full daily housekeeping in RPC in October. I hate when they try to rush you out on check out day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter