Outdoor Dining with a Reservation

DadLadd428

Earning My Ears
My family and I are looking to limit our indoor dining as much as possible for our trip coming up in April. I noticed there isn't a selection for "outdoor seating" in the special request section when making a reservation. Anyone here have any experience with making a reservation but requesting an outdoor table?

I did not do much with outdoor dining on our recent trip. I would imagine if you make a reservation for a place with outdoor seating, instead of checking in on the app at your reservation time, go to the podium to check in like normal and ask for outdoor seating and that you'll wait as long as it takes. Remember, you can check in up to 20 minutes early, so check in as soon as you can and that might help you get seated by the time you reserved.

My family and I are looking to limit our indoor dining as much as possible for our trip coming up in April. I noticed there isn't a selection for "outdoor seating" in the special request section when making a reservation. Anyone here have any experience with making a reservation but requesting an outdoor table?

Just a bump up for you - I am looking for the same as OP. Going in April and looking for outdoor tables only.

I am also looking for the same . We are going to be at WDW during the last week in March. I’m wondering does anyone have a list of places that even offer option of outdoor dining? I have not dined indoors in almost ten months ! :|

An aside we’re coming from MA and I’m extremely cautious about this stuff ..

Thank you , also wondering as the Disney website states this but need some clarification; we are staying at POP , if I reserve for dinner at a dif park such as WK , Sunna , will I need to ticket for park for that day? Dinner is for 8 pm . I get that this is done for safety reasons .. but trying to plan this in my head is 🤯

Thank you , also wondering as the Disney website states this but need some clarification; we are staying at POP , if I reserve for dinner at a dif park such as WK , Sunna , will I need to ticket for park for that day? Dinner is for 8 pm . I get that this is done for safety reasons .. but trying to plan this in my head is 🤯
You must have a park ticket to eat inside a park.

If its open, Turf Club at Saratoga Springs has a nice outdoor area, and it just happens to be our favorite restaurant at WDW.

If you’re asking about Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge, that is not in a park and you won’t need a park ticket to eat there.

Wild Kingdom
Ah, that's why we're confused. It's Animal Kingdom - AK. And Sanaa is not in that park - it's in Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village (AKL-K), a resort hotel that's very near to AK. So you wouldn't need a park reservation in order to eat there, and you could take a bus from Pop to AK (the park) and then another bus from AK to AKL (the hotel). Or if you were visiting a different park earlier in the day and wanted to go straight to dinner, you could take a bus from that park directly to AKL.

Sorry meant Animal kingdom !! Ahh ...😬 we did end up getting ADR on a day we will not be at Animal kingdom . And thank you for the added help with transportation!!! I am looking for a) resturants w possible outdoor seating that b) are worth hitting and (c) esp. good for gluten diet sensitivity... so a lot of research needed . :) . Also I have not been to parks in 20 years .. But so excited !!

Sorry meant Animal kingdom !! Ahh ...😬 we did end up getting ADR on a day we will not be at Animal kingdom . And thank you for the added help with transportation!!! I am looking for a) resturants w possible outdoor seating that b) are worth hitting and (c) esp. good for gluten diet sensitivity... so a lot of research needed . :) . Also I have not been to parks in 20 years .. But so excited !!
Sanaa does not have outdoor seating.

Unfortunately the options for outdoor seating for table service restaurants you can reserve a table at (meaning you can make a reservation; you still have to ask to be sat outdoors as you can't reserve an outdoor table specifically) are pretty slim. Best variety is in Disney Springs:

Magic Kingdom: Tony's
Epcot: Rose & Crown, Via Napoli, Tutto Italia
Resort Hotels: Trattoria al Forno, Olivia's
Disney Springs: The Boathouse, Homecomin', City Works, Frontera Cucina, House of Blues, Paradiso, Paddlefish, Jaleo,
Planet Hollywood, Splitsville, STK, Wine Bar George

Sanaa does not have outdoor seating.

Unfortunately the options for outdoor seating for table service restaurants you can reserve a table at (meaning you can make a reservation; you still have to ask to be sat outdoors as you can't reserve an outdoor table specifically) are pretty slim. Best variety is in Disney Springs:

Magic Kingdom: Tony's
Epcot: Rose & Crown, Via Napoli, Tutto Italia
Resort Hotels: Trattoria al Forno, Olivia's
Disney Springs: The Boathouse, Homecomin', City Works, Frontera Cucina, House of Blues, Paradiso, Paddlefish, Jaleo,
Planet Hollywood, Splitsville, STK, Wine Bar George
Thank I realized this after the fact! I’m thinking we might just get the bread service or meals to go if we feel that unsafe. Both myself and spouse will be vaccinated but is my DD that I’m concerned about . It’s very difficult to find the restaurants you want with an outdoor option. For instance character dining , and also I’m wondering if it’s worth it ? Garden grill looks fairly spacious but it’s difficult to decide without having visited recently . Thank you for the list !!! Sorry for babbling ... :)

I think I read via nopoli is not using their outdoor seating . We have ADR for only 2 restaurants that are indoors , I’ve been researching and questioning this aspect of our trip so much 😩

I don’t know if they are still offering it, but when we were at WDW for NYE, they also had a few outdoor tables at Grand Floridian Cafe and Beaches and Cream

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter