Our wonderful $500 vacation!

disneydiane

Earning My Ears
Thanks to this board, my husband and I just got back from a short but very sweet time (19-23 of this month) at Disney. Using Priceline, we paid $30 a night plus Amex bonus money for a room at the Hyatt which we were very pleased with. $19 a day for a Hertz economy rental car and the " piece de resistance"... $100 each for round trip tickets from Allentown,PA to MCO(we hate Newark which is about the same distance from us in NJ) Eating a huge breakfast at Ponderosa every morning kept us going until late afternoon and that was $3.99. We had some old tickets so we did'nt have that expense but still, I think we did really well. We neeeded a vacation really badly as I've been diagnosed with leukemia and am facing a bone marrow transplant in a couple of months. I love WDW so much, and we would not have been able to go were it not for the people and their hints on this forum...thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!

What a wonderful trip for you. I'm wishing you all the best in the next few months. Hope everything goes well for you.

Glad to hear you had a good time Diane!!
Not so happy to hear about your leukemia and the bone marrow transplant, best of luck for you with that.
How did you get airfare for 100 bucks from allentown? I'm shopping for airfare from there too and the lowest I have found for August is 187.
Thanks!!

DisneyDiane - please start planning your dream vacation to WDW. It will help you get through all of the procedures for your leukemia.

When I was diagnosed with skin cancer back in August 1999, I was so afraid. That day I promised myself a Disney Cruise when the cancer was gone. During my treatment I visualized myself on the cruise ship. I thought about how much fun my kids would have at WDW. Well, those happy thoughts got me through it.

I took my dream cruise in December 1999.

Pixie Dust to you during the next few months. You will be in my prayers.

Hi mskanga. I have two posts on this board as I pushed the "send" button twice thinking the first one hadn't gone...sorry about that! As I said , I used priceline to get the all the deals and the $100 round trip from Allentown,PA was on United; unfortunately with a stop in Chicago first but we honestly didn't mind. Hope this helps. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest