Our WDW weekend 1/18-1/22/01- Pre-trip report

josierac

DIS Veteran
Today is Tuesday 1/16/01

CAST: Me 35/DH 44/ DD 6/ DS almost 4.

Well our day is almost here and we can't wait. We are surprising the kids and not telling them until Thursday morning when we wake them up to get ready to go. I think DH and I are more excited then the kids will be and we have loved planning this without them suspecting. They keep asking when we are going to visit Grandma & Grandpa (who live 2 hrs away from WDW in Florida) so that we can go to WDW. We keep saying that we don't know yet since we have a trip to Italy planned with Grandma & Grandpa for this summer.

We have been planning this for about 6 months. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge Concierge. We were originally going to stay at the HIFS but in October we were able to get a 20% discount at the Lodge so we switched. I called back in December and got a discount on the concierge level so we switched to that because of the discount. I would never pay $350 a night at Disney or anywhere else (sorry but I think that is ridiculous.) I could have also gotten the Poly or the Beach Club with the discount but we opted for the Lodge because I thought it would be cozy in the cooler months with the fireplaces. I would want to stay at one of the other 2 when we could really get a lot of use of the pools.

We are planning on going to MGM on Friday 1/19
Epcot on Saturday 1/20 and the
MK on Sunday 1/21

We are skipping AK because we want to concentrate on the other parks more with such limited time.

We made PS' for dinner only since we aren't really breakfast eaters (plus there will be continental bkfst on the concierge level) and I don't want to have to be at a certain place and time for lunch. So here are the places we are planning on eating at.

Thursday 1/18 - 'Ohanas (liked the menu)
Friday 1/19 - Mama Melrose (Fantasmic) and
liked it last time we were here.
Saturday 1/20 - Le Cellier - DH liked the menu
Sunday 1/21 - Hoop de doo - thought we would give it a try.

This will be our 3rd short trip in 3 yrs. The first time we went for 5 days but we took a lot of breaks since it was hot (mid Sept-90deg) and the kids were small so we missed a lot.

Last year we were there for 4 days and did Epcot 1/2 day (only future world), MK 1 day and MVMCP one night. There is a lot of things we haven't seen that we plan on hitting this time around.

Budget - Our plane tickets were free thanks to frequent flyer miles and american express(we try to charge as much as we can on it and turn the $ into airline miles. We also have enough for 2 free tickets to Europe which we are using this year.

Wilderness Lodge - $710.00 for 4 nights including taxes.

1 five day hopper (free thanks to freeride and webcertificates). I also have $ left on my webcertificate card that I will use towards one other dinner.

This was my first trip report, hope it didn't bore you and I will post my reviews and observations when I return.

We also will be planning a trip for a whole week so that we can take time out to relax and enjoy the pools and resorts more. Hopefully next year sometime.

[This message was edited by josierac on 01-17-01 at 06:50 AM.]

I am jealous! I am going for a few days in Feb. and I am sure you are looking forward to getting out of the "winter blues" state as I am!
Hope your kids jump out the their skin Thurs. morning when you tell them as I am sure they will!
Have fun, I am looking forward to reading your report when you return.

Pigletproud- I can't wait to get out of this cold weather. I am tired of the snow already. I am definitely a Florida weather type of person. Now if I could only convince DH to move. :)

Thanks for the pre trip report -- you have inspired me to post one today as well -- we leave tomorrow and will be there the same days you will be!

We were at Mama's and Fantasmic on the same day! Hope you enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter