• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our WDW dining reviews - a bit long

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Players: DH who eats anything, DW pickey - hates peas, DS teen who loves shrimp, meat & potatoes, DD tween who loves the children menu's.

WCC - lunch
DW & DS had the Canyon Skillet - ribs and chicken were great, corn on the cob very fresh.
DH had the Chicken Salad - said it was very tasty
DD had the Chicken Fingers with fries - ate everything, chicken had nice seasoning.
Antics - straws and napkins thrown at you, 48 bottles of kethcup delivered to another table, a boy asked for a green crayon and ended up with 20 of them.

1900 Park Fair - dinner
Wonderful buffet. Saw Cinderella, Prince Charming, Suzy, Perla, and the Fairy Godmother. Loved the chicken marsala and roasted prime rib of beef. Must do if you have not tried it. Will do again in 8 months.

Cindy's - breakfast
Our picture came out nice. The fresh fruit is a noce way to start your morning. You get on one plate scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, stuffed french toast & potato caserole. The stuffed french toast is good - but better if it had no blueberry sauce (too sweet for our taste buds). We got a 20% DDE discount. Worth 2 TS if you are on the plan. We go back in 8 months - not a repeat for us.

LTT - dinner
My DH's used to be favorite place. The turkey, beef and pork were all dry.
The characters are wonderful and so is the apple cobbler dessert. Not sure if we are repeating- most likely not.

'Ohana - breakfast
WOW :cool1: - a must do again in 8 months. The fresh fruit platter is wonderful. The bread basket is delicious. The eggs and Mickey waffles just seem to tast better here. The charaters - Lilo is polite, as so is Minnie and Pluto - but Stitch - what a hoot - he plays with your salt & pepper, messes up your hair, trys to put pineapple in your coffee, pretends to lick your butter, plays tug of war with your server. The kids get maraca's and do a parade around the room with the characters. Gets 4 stars from us.

CP - breakfast
Not rushed. Saw Pooh and his friends. Nice selection on the buffet.
Great place to eat a late breakfast on an early entry day. Will do again.

Coral Reef - dinner
Loved the place. The food was wonderful - just the right size portions, not to small and not to big. We sat right next to the tanks. We saw, sharks, stingrays, many fish and the turtle fell asleep on a rock right next to our table. The Cream of Mushroom Soup was wonderful. The Grilled Mahi Mahi was tender and cooked perfectly. DS had the children's Grilled Chicken Breast which came with broccoli (the only green veggie he eats) and mashed potatoes. Our DD had Triton's Pasta - another great choice.
DH & DW shared the "California Gold" - ooh so good, so tastey, I hope it never leaves the menu. A must do again - 4 stars :cool1: - We skipped Turtle Talk and favor Coral Reef :fish: instead.

Planet Hollywood - DTD- lunch
DH & DW had the stuffed Manacotti - just delicious - it had ricotta, sauce and chicken, mushrooms and spinach - wonderful :goodvibes
DD had the Spaghetti & Meatballs and DS had the Pizza. Fun place to eat. Lots of star stuff to look at in the room. A bit noisey - but we needed no ADR for lunch - we were seated in 10 minutes. They took our picture too - package was only $20 for 2 keychains, 2 wallets and a 5 by 7.
I would go back, so I can order the Manacotti.

Chef Mickeys - late breakfast
Tradition is our famliy. A must do. Food is ok. Not bad, not wonderful.
Mickey never made it to our table. Our waiter gave our kids Mickey placemats, I guess to make up for it. Our DS & DD said thank you and then said why us? They are too old for placemats. We mailed them to our nephews who are 2 years old. We will do again in 8 months - how could we skip it ?

HDD - 7:15 PM show
What a blast. Stick to your ribs bar-b-q food. Fits right in with the show.
Great entertainment, Love the stawberry shortcake. They made us get up and dance for our anniversary (so did other couples). Our table was on the main floor, 2nd row from the stage, center - great seats. Will do again.

Rose & Crown - UK - lunch
4 stars :cool1: Just delightful. This was a new place for us. Will do again.
Started with the Fruit and Cheese Plate - the brie and berries were great as it rained outside. The Lamb and Barley Soup - I could jump right into the soup pot it was so good. The best soup we had in WDW :thumbsup2 We tried the Cottage Pie. Good at first and then it seemed like too much ground beef. Maybe it's just our tastes. Next time I'll try the Chicken Pasty.
The kids had the Grilled Chicken - which both enjoyed.
Sticky Toffee Pudding was just delicious and I guess English.
You get a nice selection of tea bags if you order hot tea. Do not order coffee, per DH, it tasted like water with flavoring - hey what do you want from an English pub ? 4 stars - hats off to Rose & Crown

Tony's - dinner
Recommended to us by Disney Dining - THANK YOU !
We had an 8:15 pm dinner ADR. We sat on the porch. The food is wonderful. The view was spectacular. We saw Spectomagic drive by our table. Pefect view. While DW enjoyed the tiramasu dessert, DH and kids walked 15 feet from our table onto Main Street and saw Wishes. DH taped it, DW saw it later that evening. DD & DS got paw prints in their autograph books from Tony's. They also received Lady & the Tramp mugs.What an enjoyable dinner and night :cloud9:

Fantasmic Pkg - Hollywood & Vine.
It was a hot evening. H&V over booked, gave a pager # out twice and it beeped two different families - tempers were flaring..... We had a solution - give us our 4 passes to Fantasmic (keep our $40) and give our table to the other beeped family. H&V said it was not normal policy - the other family said it is not normal to beep two familys with the same pager #. Bottom line, we got our 4 passes (ate pizza for dinner elsewhere) and the other beeped family with the infant got an A/C restaurant to eat dinner.
We will try Mama Melrose next time for our Fantasmic package.

Sorry if I rambled. I hope our reviews did not bore :surfweb: you.

Happy to answer any questions ;)

Great reviews!!!! I like the way you told us if you would or wouldn't eat there again.

We too, are trying 'Ohanas for breakfast and Tonys for dinner for the first time in August. I hope we enjoy them both as much as you....Stich sounds like a lot of fun!

Chef Mickeys-I totally agree with you!!! I am trying (with no luck) to change CM to something different this upcoming trip. DD and DH will have nothing to do with it!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the reviews. Sounds like you had a great time. Glad you liked Tony's, it's one of our favorite places to eat!!! :joker:

Loved your reviews - thanks! How nice of you to give your table to the other "beeped" family. That must have been hard to do. I hope they were appreciative! Thanks for sharing some Disney magic! :cheer2:

Great reviews!!! I have heard so many negative reviews about Tony's that today I switched my ressie to the New Turf Club. Maybe I shouldn't have done that??? What did you eat there??? I am also thinking of changing my breakfast at Boma to O'hana just so I can see Stitch. Confused!!!!!

Thank you to all who read our reviews. I hope it does help some DIS'ers - but it is just our opinion and experience - others may have other opinions.
What works for our famliy may be different for others.

Question - What we ate at Tony's:
DH & DW - House Salad - DW omitted the salad dressing and the feta cheese. DH loved everything on it.

DW - NY Strip Steak - liked everthing but the spinach - but DW does not eat spinach if it tastes like spinach
DH - Eggplant Rotini - the eggplant had wonderful texture and flavor
DS - Veal T-bone - liked the meat, nice flavor - avoided the veggies, but what else is new :rotfl:
DD - Scamp's Ravioli - cheese filled shaped like Mickey heads - fun to eat, finished her whole meal

DS & DD both had Gelato Scoop - they love it, at home they get it a local store. One scoop is plenty. Less fat than ice cream, but more sugar !
DH & DW shared (mostly eaten by DW) - Tiramisu - so good :cloud9:

DH drank coffee - a must do (it's not Nescafe here)
DW had an ice tea
DS & DD had the That's Amore Cooler - Smoothie of the day served in Lady and the Tramp collector's mug $7.99 - DD had vanila, DS had stawberry/lemonade mixture

COFFEE..... :drinking1
Nescafe has a run on most coffee served in WDW.
DH does not like it.
Tony's must have their own blend of coffee, DH liked it.
'Ohana also has their own Kona blend of coffee - not Nescafe.

'Ohana Breakfast - YES - please do. Boma is nice for lunch or dinner.
But 'Ohana is starting to book up fast, now Cindy's is a bit expensive.
Please do an ADR, you can always cancel if you change your mind.
'Ohana has less seats than Boma's too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter