Our Trip Report Dec 13-17 2002 (long)

IandGsmom

Just another crazy Disney lady
Who went:me(28) DH (31) and DS twins (5)
Dec 13 Friday Highlights:
Left San Jose on Southwest no problems as usual. Took airport bus from John Wayne airport. I would probably pay a little extra for Super Shuttle next time. Standard view room at the Grand Californian was available to check into at 9 am Yea!! First off to DCA and FFF. Ok I was disappointed. We did the whole area in an hour and did not go back the rest of the trip. Lunch at Taste Pilots Grill. Salad was good, Kids popcorn chicken good, kids burger bad. Did more DCA and then back to our room for a nap. The hotel is truly amazing and the private entrance to DCA very very convenient. Dinner at Avalon Cove, loved it here. Aerial, Goofy, Minnie, Chip and Dale all came around for pictures. Good food also. Went to room early since we were tired.
Dec 14 Highlights:
Got up early to go to DL and went on most of the Fantasyland rides. I miss early entry so much. There were alot of people today!!went on Autotopia, Space Mountain and then headed to hotel for lunch. Refillable mugs are great at the White Water Snacks. The food here is so so good and very reasonable. Went back to DCA after nap and watched the Electrical Parade and had dinner at Burger Invasion (McDonalds) Did some rides at Paradise Pier. My twins were not feeling well so another early night.
Dec 15
Highlights: ISWH is wonderful and HM is good too! Make sure you get fastpass early. ISWH standby line was 90 at least. Watched the fireworks and the snow was amazing. Today we had breakfast at Plaza Inn with Winnie, Tigger and a gorilla from Tarzan. Worth the money for the atmosphere alone. Food great.
Dec 16 Highlights:
Left the boys in the evening at the child care center at the Grand Californian called Pinochios Workshop. Expensive but nice. $13 an hour per child. Went to Downtown Disney with my husband and tried to do Indy but was shut down for some reason. More eating at White Water Snacks for dinner. Lunch was Blue Bayou. Nice but food sucked. We made our PS a month ago so we got a table right next to the water. It would not have been worth it to me otherwise.
Dec 17 Highlights:
Shopping and time to get on favorite rides one more time.

Overall comments:
Stay at the GC, it is so worth it. Had nightly turn down service with chocolates on pillow, daily paper, Carolers, Santa and even Pluto one night. Airport bus was just ok at best. White Water Sncks is great and buy that refillable mug! Here are some prices of food, in each case its 2 adults and 2 kids eating:
Avalon Cove $62.44
Taste Pilots Grill $30.11
White Water Snacks $24.72 my favorite
Burger Invasion $26.00
Blue Bayou $52.30
Club Buzz $30.04
Please ask any ?'s if you have any.

Could you tell me how much the re-fillable mugs were? I would love to get some when we go this summer. Also is it Coke or Pepsi products? THANKS :)

I believe it was 7.99. The only thing is the only places you can get them filled is at White water snacks and the bar inside GC so its great if you stay there otherwise not. Coke products. :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the report! I am hoping to get to DL in the next year or two, so I found your info very helpful.

Glad you had a great trip. We were there at the same time Dec. 14-18. We also stayed at the GC and loved it. It was a wonderfully festive time with all the holiday festivities. We're hoping to do it again next year.

What beverages do they have here for the refillable mug?soda?juice?coffee?cocoa?thanks

Everything!!!:D :D :D
Soda, coffee...whatever they have fountains of. You can't open a botteled drink and pour it in but I remember they had plenty of choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter