Our Tie Dye Mickey shirts got LOTS of attention!

Beck's mom

Mouseketeer
We had a group of 8 wearing the Mickey tie dye shirts last Tuesday. We didn't realize how much we stood out til we all headed for the park and as we walked along, we saw heads turning constantly! :blush: I cannot count how many times we were asked if we made them, where we bought them, how great they looked, how we couldn't lose anyone that way, etc. (It's true that the kids were always easy to spot!) :earboy2:

We were also surprised about how many other people we saw wearing them! It was fun but my sis-in-law was glad we only had to wear them one day.

So here is a pic of the 4 kids shirts. The adult ones were similar - primary colors for the boys, bright colors for the girls.

Was anyone else there last week wearing theirs? We sure saw some cute ones!

f4bdd038.jpg

The four of us wore our tie dye Mickey's on Sunday, September 18th when we got on the Disney Wonder and on Friday, September 23 at MGM and EPCOT. We got quite a bit of attention at MGM we got selected to be the family that participated in the Pre-show for the Backstage Lot tour. Where they have the boats and do the scene footage that they put together with the pre-shot film.

At Le Cellier one of the cast members thought they were the best shirts they saw. They made our trip fun we heard one boy say to his Mom I want one of those shirts. We actually only saw one othe group that had them on.

Becky

They look great!

I did my first 2 tonight (they are soaking as we speak).

I hope mine look 1/2 as good as yours!

I really LOVE the one with the pink Mickey! Makes me wish I had a talent for other than organization.

Yes I know someone posted instructions....I got confused reading them....now...give me a computer to run or a high frequency radio to fix...or an antenna to climb...I am good....get me into something "arty"....I get cold sweats!

Thanks everyone for the compliments!
Meezers, too bad we can't get together - you could fix my computer and I could make you t-shirts! :teeth:

My tip for getting a sharp Mickey outline is to rubberband the heck out of it - I had about an inch of rubber bands on super tight so the dye didn't bleed through. I also stitched the outline with dental floss - sounds difficult, but it really only took about 10 minutes per shirt to do that.

Good luck with yours, disneyeveryyear! :flower:

first of all, awesome awesome shirts.........they combine 2 of my favorite things....tie die and the mickey icon!!!

second of all can somebody either post the instructions again, or point me to where they are posted....so i don't have to go through all 5-6 pages of the homemade t-shirt thread?

Your shirts look great!! Thanks for sharing the picture!!

I'm inspired to try to make these for our next trip. :earsgirl:

Onedisneylover - If noone posts the link before I get home from work and the Dr., I will post two different ones for you. The visuals really helped me.

those are GREAT!! I reaaalllllllllly want one but I soooooo don't want to make one, LOL! :rolleyes1

:wave:

disneyeveryyear....

becks mom did give me some instructions, but if you have some with visuals, that would be awesome!!! i have to have pics to go along with instructions...just to make sure i am doing it right!!!

thanks for posting, and i can't wait to make one!!! as soon as i see some pics...

MicMin....I just LOVE that sparkly picture in your sig!

Disneyeveryyear, how did your shirts turn out?

Did you find the pics you were going to post? I never saw any pics, but I think they would help Karen with hers!

Melissa

Here are my shirts:

turquoisetie-dye2.jpg

Not bad, but I don't like that funky U shape showing up on the bottom

pinktie-dye.jpg

Love this color combo, but same U shape since they were made at same time

princess1.jpg

Another shirt I happened to make for DN

My first two shirts are shown above, can you not see them? They are showing up for me, but Shriva's aren't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter